Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I never had any problem with the activation itself... I was mostly concerned about the "expires in 30 days" message I received along with the activation message. It has now been far longer than 30 days, and everything is still working.

I suspect that the message meant to say that "this componant will expire in 30 days UNLESS it is activated". They probably give you 30 days to try it out and then require activation (which is included with the better versions of the program) if you want to continue using it. Clearer verbiage would probably prevent a lot of confusion for customers. :

Cheers!

-Chris
JCMDI.COM
I just installed the paid, direct download 32-bit version of PD9.0.0.2330 Deluxe (On Windows7), and got an "Activating Component" dialog when importing an AVCHD clip into the library...

The text reads:
"You must first activate this feature before using it. Connect ot the Internet and then try again. Activation is a free and quick process."

The item is "H.264 - Component activation" (there is also another one for MPEG2) and while the note says that activation is free, the bottom line "Remaining: 30 days" has me a little concerned... I can find NO mention of this anywhere in the program help, features, or other documentation, and even talk of this message is pretty hard to find.

I clicked the "Try" button to get past the dialog, while preserving future appearences if needed.

Things with a "time remaining" timestamp often mean that at some point the feature will stop working unless some
additional fee is paid. It could also mean that the feature must be activated within 30 days or something undesired will happen :-/

Does anyone know the full scoop on the Component Activation process and what the 30 days remaining thing is all about? I'd hate to find out later (after my 30 days to return the program have expired) that there will be additional costs to continue using some features, or that it will in some other way hinder my usage of this or other features due to lack of Internet or failure to activate in time...

Thanks in advance for any help! =)
-JCMegabyte
JCMDI.COM
Go to: