Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Since Smart-Fit does not work and it is a lot o work to re-encode all the clips , how can I create multi-volume DVD instead?
I burnt a few BDs and they dont get recognized on my Playstation 3. I keep getting error 80029941. Plays perfectly with the BD ROM and Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Player. I looked on the forums but did not find any clues My PS3 works fine with other commercial BD movies.
Yes, I mean bitrate. I tried a few and am getting close - the last one produced a 21 GB output file. Even with a Core i7 950 it takes about 3+ hours to render the complete compilation.
Thanks for the suggestion. It is a bit of a challenge - I have about 37 clips and will need to convert them all and keep trying until I get the best framerate for 25GB. I tried a few iterations and it is very time-consuming. Why does'nt PowerDirector have an auto-fit option?
Any updates please?
Yes, I have applied it (I had described it in my post earlier). The current question is - how do I use the same bitrate as defined in the "Produce" section? Everytime I change the bitrate in Produce, and then go to "Create" it gets changed!
Fixed the title of this thread.

Here is a longer version of my question.
I recorded an event with Panasonic TM700K in 1080p/60 mode. Unfortunately the event was over 2.5 hours long and I am now stuck with content that is about 30GB. I have edited it and brought it down to about 27GB. I want to author and burn a BD using the full capacity of the disk (auto-adjust the bitrate to fit on the disk). I have seen other applications that can do this (AVS4YOU can do this very efficiently). Is this possible with Cyberlink powerdirector or producer?
Secondly, I want to ensure that defect management is enabled before burning (I already have about 6 coasters from powerdirector). After a lot of struggle, I figured out how to create the bd structure on HDD (using the registry hack method). But the output created by powerdirector is some fixed bitrate. I need to change this so that I dont compromise onthe quality and get everything on the BD.

I have a powerproducer v5 as well - so please keep that in mind if you are proposing a solution.

Thanks for your patience in reading thru this post.
Also, I want to tweak the bitrate settings before burning to bluray. How do I do this with powerdirector? When I click on the Create Disk option, all the previous settings for bitrate, etc are ignored. It appears that powerdirector uses some standard template to create BD or even create BD folder.
Sorry - I am using powerdirector 9.0.0.2330a.
Good point. But I need to make about 25 BD disks. I cant afford to spend all this money just because the application does not support defect management. Cyberlink's power2go supports it - so why not powerdirector?
I burnt a few coaster - these BD disks are expensive! It appears that the "defect management" option is unavailable when creating the BD discs. How do I create a BD structure on the filesystem (HDD) and later burn with power2go with defect management turned on?
Alternatively, how do I turn on defect management within Powerproducer?
Go to: