Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD full Version: PowerDVD 8.0.3228f.50
PowerDVD Trial Verison?: No
PowerDVD SR Number: DVD 100201-01
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown): Not Shown
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version): Windows 7 Professional x64 (6.1, Build 7600)
Do you use administrator or restricted user account?: Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?: bundled with an LG UH10LS20 BD-ROM drive
Used VGA: AMD Radeon HD 5670 512MB
Used VGA driver version: Catalyst 10.12
Used Audio device: Realtek HD Audio
Used Audio device driver version: R2.55 x64
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version): LG UH10LS20, firmware 1.00
Used Display(s): NEC Multisync LCD2070NX
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI): DVI
Are you using single or dual monitor environment: single monitor
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display): n/a
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using: Avast Free Antivirus

The detailed issue description: I recently purchased a new LG BD-ROM drive (an LG UH10LS20), and it came bundled with PowerDVD 8. In order to watch blu-ray movies, I installed PowerDVD 8. Upon first running, the program asked to be updated, so I downloaded and ran a patch to build 3228. Now, when I run PowerDVD 8 and tell it to play any blu-ray disc I own (whether by clicking the play button in PowerDVD's UI or by right-clicking the drive in Explorer and selecting "Play with PowerDVD"), Aero turns off, the system works for a moment, and then PowerDVD closes and Aero turns back on. There is no error message of any kind; the program simply closes whenever it is told to play a blu-ray disc.

Please also add your DXDIAG log to the post (as attachment): done
Please add the BD-3D Advisor log to the post (as attachment): do not have this program

Here's earnestly hoping that following the moderator-provided template will result in a response of some kind from CyberLink personnel.

Edit: So, your software will refuse to decode high-definition video discs if it isn't outputting through HDCP. Goodbye, CyberLink.
I recently purchased a new LG BD-ROM drive (an LG UH10LS20), and it came bundled with PowerDVD 8. In order to watch blu-ray movies, I installed PowerDVD 8. Upon first running, the program asked to be updated, so I downloaded and ran a patch to build 3228. Now, when I run PowerDVD 8 and tell it to play any blu-ray disc I own (whether by clicking the play button in PowerDVD's UI or by right-clicking the drive in Explorer and selecting "Play with PowerDVD"), Aero turns off, the system works for a moment, and then PowerDVD closes and Aero turns back on. There is no error message of any kind; the program simply closes whenever it is told to play a blu-ray disc. I am running Windows 7 x64, and my video adapter is an AMD 5750 (with up-to-date drivers).

Any advice or support would be much appreciated!
Go to: