Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Have you tried reinstalling powerdvd after you changed your GPU to AMD?
Did you uninstall NVIDIA drivers completely in Windows?

And, for new GPU, it is recommended to keep the driver version as the very latest one that released from the GPU vendor.
Bugs could be many in new software and hardware.

Or, you can contact cyberlink to investigate it further.

A reinstall of PDVD22 did not work to fix the issue.

I used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all the Nvidia drivers before I installed the new card. I'm using the latest 23.1.2 Adrenalin drivers from AMD.

I'll chalk it up to some kind of bug. It's obviously useable without TrueTheater enhancements.
Quote Hello,

Are you playing Blu-rays that you are sure worked before? I ask, because as it says in the spec:

"Note: some Fox Blu-ray titles released from Jul. 2013 do not support TrueTheater HD. PowerDVD maintains support for processors below 1.6 GHz, by disabling some non-essential features."

if could be that the Blu-ray doesn't support (allow) TTHD playback.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Yes I am. When I was doing my own troubleshooting I specifically tried it with discs I knew worked before. I also tried multiple non-Fox Blu-rays with the same result. Every Blu-ray disc comes up with that message. DVD's work with TrueTheater though, so there's something weird going on.

The only thing that has changed since it worked prior is the video card (and subsequently the video drivers). Moved from Nvidia to AMD.
I recently upgraded from a RTX 3080 to a RX 7900XTX. Whenever I start any Blu-ray movie in PowerDVD 22 it now comes up with the message:

"CyberLink PowerDVD could not turn on TrueTheater HD for this Blu-ray movie. Playback was restarted without the TrueTheater enhancement applied."

Is there some kind of weird compatibility issue? Does the software somehow not suppport hardware acceleration on this new GPU?
Go to: