Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Sounds like you added it to the middle of the two clips. Do the same as the fade, one audio transition at the right end of the left clip, one audio transition at the left edge of the right clip.

Jeff

Update #2: You are right. Four transitions (Fade-Out, Audio-Out, Fade-In, Audio-In) works as desired even with Default Transition Behavior set to Overlap. Thanks.
smile

It's really there in transitions already. Just use fade on the right edge of one clip, and the a new fade on the left edge of the other clip, and then add either the Constant Gain or Constant Power audio transitions on the audio track.

Jeff

Clever! I placed the Fade transitions on the end and beginning of clips at the transition point. Yep, "A" faded to black, then "B" faded in. Perfect. But when I added the Constant Gain or Power audio transition, it shortened the timeline a bit and sucked up the fade out transition leaving an abrupt video and audio transition. I tried stretching the fades out to several seconds but got the same unsatisfactory results. Am I missing something?
frown
Update: For your suggestion to work, "Preferences/Editing/Timeline/Set default transition behavior:" needs to be set to Cross. Now it works just as you explained. However, now other Transitions such as Fade (on the joint between clips) do not make a smooth automatic audio crossfade. I have to add the Audio Constant Gain/Power transition as well. This adds workload for most of my transitions while saving workload on one.
undecided
I still think Cyberlink should make a fade-to-black-and-back transition that fades audio out and in at the same time.
Quote I find the option to right-click the image or video and use enable FADE in FADE out. Very reliable.

Thanks to you and AVPlayVideo for the suggestions.

I have been in contact with Cyberlink Support about adding a Transition to use between clips that fades clip A to black and silence then brings up clip B and audio. The audio of each clip must fade out and in to match the video. I've been doing this manually using PIP Designer Fade-Out and Fade-In and then going to the audio track to adjust volumes to zero and back up. That is a lot of clicks compared to adding a normal transition. The support person was not helpful and recommended (in great detail) other procedures that were no simplier than what I was doing.

After playing with the suggestions above, I decided to create a black/silent video clip and insert it between the edit clips and add fade transitions on each side. The length of the black clip can be adjusted as desired. This is not as good as simply inserting a transition between clips but is easier than what I have been doing.

BTW, I tried to do this with the Alpha Transition Editor but could not get satisfactory results after adjusting every setting available.
Go to: