Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks so much for that Tony. I am moving to newbie stage 0.5. Tried it out myself and the results were great. I am buried in a html web site issue this morning but will get back to the videos this afternoon. I am sure you will see lots of me on the forum. I know I am using 2% of the functionality in PD8 and want to explore more. Good to know there are expert users close at hand rather than have to wait for daylight in another part of the world.

As Clint said, "You made my day" ('');
Good to see there is a user in NSW. I am based in Sydney Inner West.

The size was from the screen capture software. You can select an area to record.
I did a quick test. Created a few second video using the screen capture software. Output it as an MPEG 4 file. Took that file into PD8. Output it as MP4 High Quality PSP Video. The drop in quality is major as you can see from the attachments. For an online screen demo, the output from PD8 is not even close to acceptable. Must be doing something stupid.
Hi Dafydd. Thanks for the reply. I mentioned the software to answer the first response from Trevor George. Sorry about that.

What I am trying to do is to put some instructional videos on my website to explain the software we sell. What confuses me is that the input seems fine but the output is fuzzy as you can see from the attachments on my last post. How am I losing quality? Is there some configuration I should be doing?
Hi Guys. Thanks for your reply. To answer the question of capture, I am using Wondersoft DemoCreator. In the software, you click record after selecting a few options and then it gives a countdown to recording starting. When you finish recording select F10 to stop it. You can see it at this address *****************[ edited out]. You then output the demo in a selected format. I choose MP4 based on some advice from someone who was a video newbie stage 1. I am still at stage 0. You could also choose flash or WMV or lots of other formats. The quality was fine.

As I said, all I did was create a title, and import two MP4 files from DemoCreator into PD8 then output as a single MP4. I have included a still from each MP4. Incidentally, the title is great. Is there any other information I can provide?
I am trying to get my head around video editing having just bought Power Director 8. I want to make a video of software usage and am capturing the video and audio using a program called WonderShare DemoCreator. I output it from DemoCreator as MP4 files. I am trying something simple to start in Power Director. Just join them and add a title in Power Director. I then publish as an MP4 file.

My problem is that there is a major quality drop between the input and output. I have tried a few things like fix/enhance but I seem to be going backwards. Can someone point me in the right direction please. What am I doing wrong?

Also where do I go to learn more about the software? I have looked at some videos on You Tube but surely there is more information out there.
Go to: