Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your advice. I checked the firmware and indeed, it was an older version, 1.00. I upgraded it to the latest, 2.00.
Upgrade went smooth, without problems.
But the player still refuses any Blu-Ray.
I get another popup message: 'Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when playback stops.'
After clicking ok on the popup a Region Code popup appears saying that I have 0 changes left.
DVD's play smooth on the LG, but this was already the case.
Right now I am gonna try deleting all Cyberlink-files and re-install them.

Thnx again, the advise was a wise one.

Frank
I am using Blu-Ray Disc Suite since a couple of months in combination with an LG Blu-Ray player and running under Windows Vista. Blu-Rays played excellent with PowerDVD 7.3

This week I purchased a new computer running with Windows 7. I moved my existing LG Blu-Ray player to the new one. After that problems started. I installed the Super Multi Blue Install Disc that I got with the BD-player. When running PowerDVD the program states that PowerDVD does not work without an update. So I updated PowerDVD. Next problem: Although the system configuration states that I have 4 efforts left to change the Region Code, PowerDVD gives 0 efforts. So, the software player does not have any Region Code. And I never changed my region code. It should be B(2) for Europe.

To make things even stranger, the player does accept DVD´s, bot not Blu-Rays. The Blu-Rays I try to use are original ones. Not a single ripped BD.

Second effort was to install the trial version of PowerDVD. But exactly the same problem happens. Although Cyberlink states that PowerDVD 10 should work with Windows 7.

I scanned my pc for compatibility with PowerDVD and the result is that there should not be any problem.

I tried to find a solution and encountered several tricks to reset the region code-settings. But, there aren't any available for Windows 7, but just for XP and Vista.

Does anyone have a solution for this awkward problem? Not able to play Blu-Rays on your system while you don't use any pirated software is very very very frustrating.
Go to: