Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interestingly enough, I did a bunch of troubleshooting on this when I got home. It turns out all I had to do was delete the first image (a black colorboard) which was the bg for my title intro, as well as the second image which was a magic motioned picture of an airplane with some text. After that the audio tracks lined up perfectly with the video. The weird thing was that after deleting those two images all my text subtitles and titles durations changed. After going back through the entire movie and setting them, I am back to where I should be.

Weird problem....
I am fairly new to Powerdirector, but it is quite easy to learn and I have been putting together a dvd of my trip to Japan. It is a mix of still images and a Sony DV camcorder video. I used PD to rip the video via a firewire connection and the editing has been going very smoothly. I have 3 60 minute DV tapes that I converted to video and imported into PD. I added them to the timeline and used the "split" function to cut them up into the pieces I desired. I save my work as I go and have about 6 .pds files in case a file got corrupted and I had to go back to an earlier version. Well now I am in a time crunch and need to get a problem fixed before Wed, when I leave for Thanksgiving and wanted to show the video.

The problem is the audio and video are out of sync. The audio starts about 2 seconds before the video when previewing. I also tried burning it to DVD to see if the problem was just in the preview, but it is still there in a burned DVD. I was on my 6th .pds file and the video is about 1 hour 35 minutes long. I went back to my 5th .pds file and the problem was still there. I went back to my 4th .pds file and the problem is gone. The only thing I can think of that I have done between the 4th and 5th and 6th file saves is add in magic motion to my still photos. Other than that no major changes took place.

Please let me know if there is something simple that I might have accidentally clicked or added in PD that would make the audio start earlier than the video. It is really strange because I can even add the original full length video file into the timeline and the problem still exists. My next troubleshooting test will be to delete everything from the .pds file and add an original full length video and see if the audio is still starting early. If that is the case I have no idea what is wrong....

Please help,

Thanks
Go to: