Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The video and audio is out of sync capturing VHS tapes using a Dazzle Video 80 capture device.

The Dazzle Video 80 device is a USB external device with an S-Video & Composite Video (RCA), and Stereo RCA Audio inputs.

I downloaded the Dazzle USB driver and am using the Power Director 8 video capture.

Any suggestions on what to adjust to fix this?
Thanks so much for the reply.

Well, it looks like I can skip buying a new PC and should use my laptop: Sony Vaio vgn-z610y. And it has 4 gig DD3 Ram.
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/VGNZ610YB_mksp.pdf

From the CPU Benchmark chart, here is my laptop CPU:
-> Intel Core2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz - 1,610

... and PowerDirector recomendation and benchmark:
-> Intel Core2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz - 1,270

I'm not so sure about the laptop video card, but there is nothing I can do about that. I don't see the 9300 Mobile graphics card listed. The GeForce Web site said it had 8 CUDA cores. Here is the benchmark.
->GeForce 9300M GS - 155

Processor: NVIDIA® GeForce(R) 9300M GS GPU with Total Available Graphics Memory of 1880MB (max.) and Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with Intel® Clear Video Technology.
Total Available Graphics Memory: 1759MB (max.)
Video RAM: 128MB of dedicated video RAM
Technology: Hybrid Graphics System
Chipset: Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
Max. External Resolution via VGA: 2048x1536
Max. External Display Resolution via HDMI™ : 1920x1080
Max. External Resolution via DVI: 1920x1200
Your background looks very inconsistent.

I used to be very naive about green screens and my first few tries were bad. I got this book which explains there is a lot more to chroma key back grounds that just throwing any old green sheet or tarp. Lighting has to be consitent and even. The background has to be free of folds, spots, stains, shadows, etc. This book explains a number of lighting and background techniques.

The Green Screen Handbook: Real-World Production Techniques by Jeff Foster.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Screen-Handbook-Real-World-Production/dp/0470521074/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284593890&sr=1-1

There are other cheaper green screen books, but this one has color pictures. Some of the other books only have black and white.
Can I process AVCHD and MPEG-2 HD with Intel® Pentium® D Processor 830 3ghz ? I'm not sure I understand.
I have no plans to do Blue Ray nor 3D. I have AVCHD Lite files from a Panasonic DMC-ZS3.
My chip does not handle hyper threading, so what does that limit me to?

My computer:
Dell XPS 400 - Intel® Pentium® D Processor 830 3ghz
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27513&processor=830&spec-codes=SL88S,SL8CM,SL8CN,SL8CP
RAM: 4 gig
Video card: Galaxy GeForce GT 220 - 1024MB

PowerDirector 8 CPU system requirements:
Optimized for CPUs with MMX/SSE/SSE2/3DNow!/3DNow! Extension/HyperThreading technology.
- AVI Capture/Production: Pentium 2 450 MHz or Athlon 64 2800+
- VCD Quality (MPEG-1) Profiles: Pentium 3 600 MHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+
- DVD Quality (MPEG-2) profiles: Pentium 4 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 4000+
- High Quality MPEG-4 and WMV, QuickTime, RealVideo Profiles: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
- AVCHD and MPEG-2 HD Profiles: Pentium Core 2 Duo E6400 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Go to: