Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have found a solution that works for me. I was running PowerDVD10 in Classic Mode as with Cinema Mode I lost all sound (which seems to be a problem). Here is what I did. I'm running a Samsung HL67A750 with 3D Vision

Before loading the 3D bluray each time, set the 3D settings to "micro-polariser LCD 3D". Then load the movie. Once the movie is playing, switch back to 120hz field sequential mode while it is playing. I have tried this several times and it has worked every single time. Hope this helps. Im assuming this will work as well with the 3D DVD conversion

I tested this with several 3D blurays and here were my results

Coraline - Worked perfectly
Ice Age 3 - Worked Perfectly
IMAX Grand Canyon - Worked Perfectly
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Did not work.
DVD of Watchmen - Worked Perfectly

So not a perfect solution but definitely an improvement. Just a side note, I've also tested out Arcsoft's TotalMedia Theatre 3. It worked flawlessly for 3D blurays, didnt have to mess with anything, just loaded a movie and it played without a hitch. I had some trouble with Arcsofts 2d to 3d converstion though. Its a pretty weak effect to begin with on DVDs, but the left field had a wavyness to it for some reason on arcsofts. The left field wavyness is showing up on DVDs in PowerDVD as well. The picture quality in both programs is significantly hurt too.
Go to: