Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Andrew.
The hint on SVRT certainly speeds up the Produce phase dramatically. I dont think I could select this option prior to upgrading from build 1930. Will this still work if I include titles/colourboards/PiP in the edit , or will the source need rendering.

I hadnt realised that the Produce phase was not required. I will try that in future, but I think I have convinced myself now that the degradation happens through the burn/playback. I mean its not bad, just not as good as direct from the camera.
Thank you for prompt responses

I shoot in HDFH which I think is 17M.

Based on first response, I tried a little experiment, and burnt an AVCHD disk of a clip that displeased me, produced in a number of different formats inc the original m2ts file unprocessed.

When the disk is played back there is no noticeable difference between the unprocessed version and any of the AVC edited/processed versions of the clip.

However they are all noticeably less sharp a= than when viewing directly from the camcorder but it seem that the quality drop is in the burning/playback phase rather than anything PD8 does to it. Maybe that is to be expected ?

Could the media be a factor (memorex DVD ) ? PS3 playback settings ?

Thanks again

Method 1
Viewing HD footage direct from sony cx116 HD camcorder plugged into component sockets of 40" Samsung HD 1920 1080 TV

Method 2
Download the footage to PC as an M2TS file
Edit using PD8
Produce to H.264 AVC format using standard profile AVCHD 1920 x 1080 ( not 24 Mbps)
Burn to AVCHD DVD 4.7GB using PD8 (media is standard dvd)
Playback disc on Sony PS3 connected to same TV using HDMI connection

Am I unrealistic to expect same crystal clear picture sharpness under method 2 as method 1. Instead I get some pixellation, unrealistic colour graduation etc. - quite disappointing

Are they the best options for making a high def movie ?

may thanks
Thank you for the tips - in my case I will update build - and I am proud to step out from cloak of anonymity - thanks for advice on that too.

cheers
I am having the same or a similar problem. I dont think it is related to the image file - sometimes it plays correctly, other times the same clip plays a black screen with audio only. The problem occurs for me only when in edit mode - after rendering the clips into a final movie there is no issue - intuitively it doesnt seem as if the problem is with the format of the clip.

My workaround is as follows - you can view a clip in 3 ways while editing - embedded in the top right of the edit panel, in a preview window and in a full screen preview. If a clip is showing black, I just flick from full scrren to windowed or vice versa and I usually get it back.I have noticed the problem more often when playing back several clips in movie mode - each time it flows from one clip to the next, the video turns black, and I use the above workaround. It is just annoying, and obviously something is not right.

I use m2Ts files from a Sony Cx116 recorded in HD FH mode. I edit using PD 8.00.1930 running on a Lenovo T400 laptop.
If I was to hazard a guess, I would say that the laptop struggles in terms of cylces and/or memory. Still doesnt make it right though - a black screen !
Go to: