Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Also - went to download the Microsoft file Dayffd recommended and they say they no longer offer it because other problems in office software.

Bob - I got mine from Herman Street but found an email they had sent me as a receipt with a link to the key. Good luck.

Shelby, sounds like we have similar experiences. I found the email from Herman Street and sent it to the Tech Support guy and his response was to provide him the receipt or invoice before he could do anything for me. Now I am wondering if the software has a block to prevent it from being installed more than once. I installed on a Sony running XP, that computer broke, so I used the same key to install it on my laptop. I'm thinking the key can only be used once, that sucks.
Hello Dafydd,

In order to update you on my progress with Tech Support, I send you a copy of what I wrote to my Support Technician (Gaurav).

"Hello Gaurav,
You are asking me for a receipt or invoice. I do not have one because I purchased it online and then downloaded it online. I installed it on one of my computers which is currently under repair and not usable. I called Herman Street and they said there was not reason I could not also install on another of my computers. The first installation was successful on a Sony VAIO desktop running Windows XP 32 bit. I think my problem is caused by your software not installing on a 64 bit laptop running Windows 7. If you plan to have me download the software again and then try to install it, be aware that I have already tried that twice.

Regards,
Bob Graves"

I would say I am DIW (Dead-in-the-Water)
Thank you, I have run the Dxdiag utility and saved the text file. Tech support responded with a request for my proof of purchase. I sent it to him. I think he is going to ask me to download it again. I told him I have downloaded it twice but still can not install it. I looked at the comments by people who have used Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and it sounds pretty dangerous. I have not used it.
Thanks for responding Dafydd. I have submitted an email explaining my problem to Tech Support and I will keep you informed. I have not had an answer yet.
When I try to install subject software, I get an error "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3062.tmp\1033.mst"

Prior to reaching the above error message, I get a question "This setup will perform an upgrade of '. Do you want to continue?" When I say yes, I will then proceed until I get to the the error given above.

I found a "1033.mst" file elsewhere and put a copy in the directory where PowerDirector was looking for it, but it did not help.
Go to: