Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, I did review the comparison, and it does not PLAINLY state that only ULTRA supports bluray. It does say BD, now that I know what BD means, lol, but the average consumer would have no idea what BD means...

Besides, what is the point of paying $50 for DVD player software when Windows Media Player has it built in, as does my iMac, and soon enough the same will be said for bluray, it's just a matter of time...

For now we have to shell out a STEEP $100 to be able to watch bluray discs ($20 for bluray and $80 for a bunch of other stuff I don't need, IMO)? Obviously it's all about money, money, money. They could sell basic bluray software for much less and, guess what, make more money, because people are more likely to pay a lesser amount for what they need than waste a 'power bill' on the whole package.

End rant...
Quote: I regret to inform you that in "standard" version, blu ray playback is not supported.
It is only supported in PowerDVD 10 "Ultra" version.

Why is this not PLAINLY stated ANYWHERE!!! Major FAIL!!
Go to: