Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videocentricity, thank you for the reply, I can see what is supposed to happen in the link above. However, the Auto Batch Capture is only saving the first frame on the tape although it continues to scan the whole tape in the preview window. When I manually stop the scan this frame disappears and the whole window reverts back to "step 1".

I tried scanning from 30seconds into the tape and this results in no saved frames or scenes appearing in the window although now the scan actually stops at the end of scenes instead of continuously scanning. When I press start to continue scanning it just reverts back to "step1 rewind the tape". I repeat, it is scanning but not saving anything.

All of my tapes have multiple scenes on them. Some are taken over a period of several days and could have hundreds of scenes so even if this suposedly "automatic" capture worked I really need something to capture the whole tape in one go.

Regards
Barry
Thank you for the reply and the link. I now see how it is supposed to work, unfortunately when I click start in auto batch capture only one clip is captured, however long the tape is played. When I click on stop, the clip disapears and the batch window reverts to "step one" which is where I started. I have tried several tapes.

I just love programs with bugs like this. I will try capturing with Winows Movie Maker. Maybe then I will have something to edit at least.
Thank You. Just looked at them all and like I said none mention capturing.
I'm afraid that the basic tutorials in PDTools are not basic enough for me as I am having trouble even capturing the video. The manual describes what options are available but not how to impliment them.

I have a DV Camcorder and PowerDirector 8 (retail). I have several tapes that I wish to put on the PC as DV-AVI files for the first time. Of the three options available;

DV Backup seems to capture for DVD so I asume it will capture Mpeg2 files.

The "Auto Batch" option scans a short portion of the video tape and then reverts back to "step 1" and tells me to rewind the tape. It dosn't actually capture anything.

The "Manual Batch" option I have managed to capture a clip with the mark in and out buttons but I just want to capture the whole tape (68 mins) and get the avi file into a folder. Do I have to mark the start of the tape then fast forward and mark the end in order to do this? I am not really interested in batches at the moment.

I'm sure that I am missing something here, or just being an idiot. Can anyone help please?
Go to: