Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A quick question: My home-made DVD's all have a title page which dynamically leads to a series of chapters (click on an arrow on the title page, and it leads you to another screen or series of screens that have chapter heading icons. If you click on one of these icons, it leads you to that chapter). I don't mind losing this structure at all. My worry is that if I convert everything to mpegs, it sounds like the display might be frozen at the opening screen, which is definitely what I don't want!!!. Thanks.
I have hundreds of shows and movies that I have recorded off of TV for the last several years. They are all burned onto DVD's, each with a title and some chapters. I have no problem running them in a DVD player with PowerDVD. But I have recent bought a large hard drive, so that I don't have to locate and shuffle these DVD's any more. I want to be able to view them when they have been copied onto the drive. The question is: how best to do this? I know of two ways:
1) Copy each disk as an ISO file to disk and then use an ISO mounter such as Virtual Clone Drive, and have PowerDVD view it (within Windows Media Center, which is another of my requiremnets). I have set up and installed Media Browser (an add-on to Windows Media Center), and it does this OK after a slight delay.
2) Copy the DVD as a set of VIDEO files to a folder on the drive. I have not been able to get POwerDVD to play the files this way. At most, I can force it to play the files one at a time. Is there a better way of configuring PowerDVD to play DVD files on a hard drive, or does it only work with ISO files??

One other thing about the ISO appoach. I need to be able to view the DVD files from a second PC on my home network, via Windows Media Center. This works for MPG files, but the mounting of the ISO files over the network fails! So, unless there is another way to manage the ISO problem, that way won't work either.

Does anyone know how to set up my home DVD collection on a hard drive so that I can do what I want?
Thanks in advance.
Go to: