Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I ended up buying PowerDVD 10 because I just feel that it is superior to both WinDVD and the Arcsoft program. I did this despite not having gotten a solution to the black screen issue. Last night I upgraded to the new Mark II version of PowerDVD and the problem has been resolved. RW and FF on any Blu-ray DVD now have normal video screens. There was clearly a problem between 10 Ultra 3D and Clarkdale that the new version has solved. If you're eligible for free Mark II upgrade, try it out.
I had the same issue on my Sony laptop with the Intel I-3 CPU. I upgraded to the new Mark II version of PowerDVD last night and bingo, problem solved. I am now getting a normal video screen when doing a FF or RW on any Blu-ray.
I had the same issue on my Sony laptop with the Intel I-3 CPU. Went around and around with tech support to no avail. I upgraded to the new Mark II version of PowerDVD last night and bingo, problem solved. I am now getting a normal video screen when doing a FF or RW on any Blu-ray.
I'm a few days into my trial run, have the same issue and have a similar hardware setup. There are a number of posts on various BD and AV sites from others with the same problem. I just e-mailed tech support in regard to this. I've always used PowerDVD on my XP PC and I would prefer to use it to the crippled version of WinDVD that Sony included on my new Vaio laptop, but I'm not going to spend almost $100 on a product with this kind of showstopper defect. It partially negates the reason that I got the Blu-ray drive. I hope that there is a solution since I tried Arcsoft's TotalMedia Theatre product and found PowerDvd to be superior, especially on SD DVDs.
Go to: