Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Using your file I could not get any reasonable chroma key effect, in fact no matter how many samples I tried the chroma key effect was useless.

From my limited experience I would say that your green screen is much too varied in colour and texture (folds etc) for PD chroma key to work. If it did so before, I think you were lucky?

Cheers
Adrian

Have you tried importing the video into a new project or into another software and key?
Were your results dotty?
see, its not just bad keying, when you take the Intensity bar to the end everything is beeing removed BUT the green dots!
And they are green, almost as the selected color. arent they supposed to be removed BEFORE all the other colors....??
Im in despair...

I tried the same footage in Ulead Video Studio, which doesnt have a proffesional chroma-keying option, and it worked.....
Quote: As Dafydd suggested re-install K-Lite Codec pack. Get the latest. The best way to pin a problem to retrace,one step at a time and check for the problem.

OK!
HERE IS SOME DETAILED INFO:
Im using a video & a pic of someone I found.
I attached

1) My PD8 project with the items and the results i got after keying.
2) The video and the results seperately, for the project to work with...

Please send me a project after trying to chroma-key with YOUR PowerDirector, or a screen capture of what you got after keying

THANKS!

P.S
Other video softwares I tried chroma-keyed fine with this footage...
Quote:
You also haven't given details of your system (not really needed) or the video files you're taking images from (really needed!) Video and Camera source please. Please use a software called MediaInfo: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
Dafydd

Here it is attached.
See, my point is that I don't understand what happend.
If the program whould have given this dot result in the first place, I could understand that it can't handle folds in the greenscreen.
But since I've seen it CAN work with them and give a good result, I don't understand why it doesn't work now OR what is the difference between the two vids...
Quote:
This is to do with the pixel selected and the intensity level.
Choose better lighting for your screen, avoid the folds and shadow - make your green screen smoother.
This is a backdrop issue and not really a program fault. Dafydd

See, I know it has folds and shadows, but the PD8 "knows" how to work with them (I tested it on the attached footage, that has pretty much the same folds and shadows)

In the problematic footage, when the Intensity level is all the way to the end, the whole person disapears and the dots still stay. That shouln't happen! The dots STILL STAY even when all the rest is removed. And they are realy similar to the selected color
I tried every possible green spot on this vid but the removing areas don't even change....

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO VIDS?
Quote: Hi Nicholas and Robert,

I'd like a screen shot of the event please.

Here, I attached it in the previous message! Anyways, Here it is again
Quote:
In the situation that Gunto has, uninstalling and reinstalling is the correct answer, only if that did not resolve the issue would you investigate other options.

Hey
tried that
STILL DOESNT WORK (I attached the example, take a look)!
Im so dissapointed, it gave me such good results two days ago

I uninstalled some codec called K-Lite recently, can this cause the problem?
And if not what to do?
Thanks
thanks
I will try that
I've installed the program and used the "chroma key" option with no problem, it worked great, even with folds on the green screen.
Im using AVI files...
But > Something happend and in almost all of the videos now, it acts TERRIBLE, the chroma just doesnt work, it only removes scattered dots around the color area, no matter how strong the "similarity" bar is...
Its terrible and I can't even remove simple colors..
The surprising thing is that it worked and now doesnt.
Please help!
SHALL I CHANGE VIDEO LIGHTING/SETTINGS?
DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A CODEC OR SOMETHING?
WHAT TO DO?

Thanks
Go to: