Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windvd8 does not yet support HD-DVD. There is no plugin availible yet!!!
BEWARE!
I will believe this when I see it!!! There are so many promisses being brocken out there right now. A case in point is the Vbox 164e vapor ware. It has been promised for 7 months and still no actual product. What a joke on the public.
Cyberlink has had plenty of time to develop this software since we are comming out of the longest most intence testing on a new opperating system ever. Youve had more that enough time. And making promisses like an add on will support HD-DVD and BR really doesnt cut it when you are giving working copies to OEMS so they may sell them and then lie to us saying thAT none exsist.
Don’t really care anymore! They took my money and they lied to me. I will defiantly never do buesseness with them again!!!!!!!!! Buyers Beware!!!
Here is Cyberlinks answer to my request for a working HD/DVD player.
So the bottom line is that either they are lying and there is no Version of tier software that plays HD-DVD or the people that tell me they have it are lying.

vcyashpal Reply 2006/11/14 12:43
Dear Roger,

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your isssue, we regret the inconvienence you have encountered so far.

However PowerDVD 7.0 do not support playing of HD-DVD and we do not have any version of PowerDVD that supports the HD-DVD support.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you while using the software.

All our sales related issues are handled by our sales partner Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

customer_service.html

Other E-mail address: processing@element5.com

Also go through the FAQ section on the above page for more information.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank you and best regards
I purchased mine separately as an upgrade on their website. The version is 7.xxx. You obviously got yours with a drive, They are for some reason not selling your version separately. They are however misleading by the way their ads read that in fact they are supplying the HD version.
For the last time I have V7 the latest off their website. The utility for checking for readiness of your system shows everything GREEN except the Powerdvd software. SO this means yes my drive shows up as ready,my video card (ATI7900GT) shows up as ready again everything but their software shows up as ready! Buyers beware!!!!!!!!!! Unless you get this software with a drive (bundled) it will not support HD DVD or Blu-Ray playback at least for now!!!!!! Don’t let these people posting above convince you that if you buy this version on line that it will support HD-DVD play back.
It does not work! It reports "unknown format". Yes of course it is a HD_DVD drive. Before anyone asks I can open the disk and see the file structure.
I just ordered and install an upgrade from my older Powerdvd so that I could playback hd/dvd. I installed it on Vista 64. After installation I ran the utility to check for readyness of the system for HD/DVD playback. The only item that is red is the software playback (Cyberlink PowerDVD). If I try to launch the movie I get a worning about disk format. I know the disk works since it doe ok on the xbox 360. I can read the files ok if I explore the disk. I THOUGHT POWERDVD COULD PLAY HD/DVD! I even wwent so far as to install on MCE2005 and different results but the same bottom line IT DOES NOT WORK!
Go to: