Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anita,

I moved to PD8 a few days ago because I was tired of all the crashes with WMP.

The first time I rendered the same slide show in PD8 that I had done in WMP I was surprised. The quality stunk. Both are rendered in WMV format. Even the PD8 titles turned out blurry.

Since then I have rendered this same slide show in AVC format. This took 3:38 to render a 4 minute slide show. The quality was better but the digital pictures were squished and it messed up the soundtrack.

Next, I tried AVI. Still not acceptable. But a little quicker.

Then I tried MPEG-2. Turned out great. All the imported graphics are as good as the original and the titles even come through clear.

The file size for the MPEG-2 is much greater than the WMV but well worth the quality. And, the render time isn't bad at all.

And a thought: When I heard that Cyberlink decided to sacrifice quality for time, I thought, how stupid. Sounds like something Microsoft would do. Anyone who puts a blurry video on the web isn't going to get it seen. What good is a video if no one will watch it? Anyone who is willing to give up quality for a few minutes time isn't to bright and shouldn't be catered to.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Go to: