Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Sharky,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

What you're seeing is not typical for PhotoDirector. Generally, if camera & lens information is list in EXIF it will appear in PhD's Metadata tab.

Using a selection of Pentax sample files here, I observe the same thing with particular cameras, the K-70 & K645Z included. This issue is not particular to PhD, from what I've read. With some Pentax cameras, the lens information isn't even listed in EXIF. This occurs even in Pentax's own Pentax Digital Camera Utility.

Here's one thread where the problem is discussed.

The variables are (a) how the camera writes the camera & lens data & (b) how photo software interprets it.

It is true that Pentax photos which don't display lens data in PhD do in Adobe Lr, so there's an issue that CL needs to address. I'll make sure this is reported to the development team. It is also true that ExifTool reads the lens data correctly from K-70 DNGs as "smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR".

I'll need to investigate further before suggesting any possible temporary fix.

PIX

Thanks for your quick response PIX!

I have found a workaround for this problem for now until Cyberlink can possibly fix it.

My fix was to use EXIFTOOL to modify original file using the "EXIF:lensinfo from maker notes" this can also create a backup file with the EXIF data "updated" which I then re-imported back to Ph Director 8.

Please see screen shots they may be a little more informative.
I recently upgraded from PhotoDirector 7 to 8 when I purchased Media Suite 15, I was hoping the ability to search and sort based on lens info within the "EXIF" or "Metadata" would be included.

Lens data does not show up in "Metadata" although it does exist in the "EXIF" file both in raw "DNG" files and "JPG" files!

Is there a way to edit the lens data so that it is available in the "METADATA" using PhotoDirector 8?

Please see attached screen captures.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F9sxvSbEMFeBlAT5dI7bsLTI9CuqhNUs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nqSRsw0bAOpHMeRQX0b5oOlbpRihW6Vr/view?usp=sharing
Go to: