Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Hello, I am having the same issue with Power DVD 10 when trying to play BD. I went through a months worth of phone support with Cyberlink getting no answer to my tickets. Now that the voice support has expired they have started the process all over again having me send to them everything about my PC. When (if) I get a response from Cyberlink on this issue I will post a solution.

Try to disable UAC, that ended up being a successful workaround for me.
I don't use any AntiVirus on my HTPC, since I don't use the web browser on it and it's protected behind the firewall anyways.

Support advised several things in my support ticket, the one that ended up fixing the problem is their suggestion to disable UAC ended up fixing the problem.
Thanks for your quick reply support. I also opened a ticket, #CS000860418.

What do you mean by AV solution?

If you mean my TV, it's a Samsung PN42A410 connected to my ATI 4850 video card with an HDMI cable.

I attached the output of DxDiag and the BD advisor to my support ticket.
I'm having the exact same problem after upgrading from PowerDVD 9 Ultra to PowerDVD 10 Ultra. I've installed the patch that was immediately available when I installed v10 last night.

When I popped in my shiny new Avatar Blu-Ray I'm greeted by "This is the first time you've watched a Blu-Ray, please set the region code", and the window shows 0 region changes remaining.

I have never changed the region code other than initially setting the region code the very first time I played a Blu-Ray.

The only thing I changed between last using v9 and my first try with v10 was upgrading my ATI 2400HD to an ATI 4850.

I have the exact same model of Blu-Ray drive as the OP
Go to: