Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you Michael.
The Samsung Laptop came bundled with a lesser version (don't remember the version) so I loaded PowerDVD 8 Version 8.0.3228e.54.
The SR Number: CDS021209-03
I was incorrect about other Bluray movies not being able to play on this version. I tried a few other disc and they work fine.
Specifically, the newly released (11-16-2010) Avatar will not play with the referenced version of the player.
I am having the same issue as "Blurayfan",.. the older version of Avatar stopped working in the player around the beginning of November, this version had previously worked fine in the player,.. now it does not work in the player. Additionally, the recent Avatar release will not play in the above referenced player.
Can you advise?
Thank you in advance for your expertise.
Chuck
I am having the same issue with a Samsung R580 Blu-ray capable laptop. Latest Avatar offering will not play past the “warnings” section. The Avatar version released this past Spring stopped playing on the laptop as well. At this point, no Blu-ray disc will play with Power DVD8. If tech support would check my support “tickets” from recent history, they would see how much difficulty I have experienced with their player. I haven't been able to use my laptop Blu-ray player for months.
Very disappointed and frustrated.
Go to: