Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If MLP Decoding IS an option, I'd like to know exactly how one gets that option.
To be clear, I have found that the trial version of PowerDVD 10 DOES play home made DVD-Audio discs (which are not MLP encoded) but won't play commercial DVD-Audio (which is MLP encoded).

Regarding the other poster showing MLP enabled ... maybe he previously had version 8 (which evidently supported MLP) and in their later version it shared that MLP decoding dll? just a guess.

Or perhaps versions targetted at different regions include the MLP option?
I can say that I find the technical responses I have received from Cyberlink have not been complete. I think Cyberlilnk owes it to its customers to explain *clearly* the situatin with MLP and DVD-Audio and not just provide a "fact" like "It isn't supported".

What your valued current (and potential) customers want is explanations of why features that appear to be included are not, and WHY features that were in the product in past versions were pulled from newer versions.

Simple ... your customers are (should be) number one.

So again .... WHY was MLP and DVD-Audio supported pulled? (I understand that it was in PowerDVD 8 )
In the trial version of 10, I also see that Play DVD-Audio choice. In fact I can play DVD-Audio discs which are NOT MLP encoded (so PowerDVD 10 reads the AUDIO_TS folder and its contents) and shows all menus properly .. nice .. but of course won't do commercial DVD-A due to missing MLP.

I'd say that you should definitely have the right to a full refund based on the clearly implied support which is in fact not in the product you bought.
Thanks Michael, but you didn't completely answer my question. In the link i posted there is a "+" sign beside the MLP Decoding option, indicating that it is NOT included but may be added. How is it possible to add it?

I think I can understand why some features (such as MLP Decoding) are removed. I'm pretty sure there is a royalty to Dolby for including MLP Decoding capability which would raise the cost, and of course DVD-Audio commercial titles, which use MLP, are not very popular (although not completely dead either, notwithstanding newer Dolby lossless formats).
I noticed that this page for upgrading to 9 Ultra does NOT seem to include MLP by default. There is a + mark beside MLP Decoding which mouses over with "add it on" .. but where is the "add on" pack?
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/oem/cyberlink/powerdvd/9/enu-v4-15/01-comparison.jsp?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=490&width=800
Also, related to this I have version 9 and am eligible for this upgrade to Ultra:
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/oem/cyberlink/powerdvd/9/enu-v4-15/01-comparison.jsp?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=490&width=800

There is a + mark beside the "MLP Decoding" section which indicates "add it on" when you mouse over it. But HOW do you add it? I don't see and can't find any extra "audio pack" which enables the MLP feature.

I am evaluating the trial version of PowerDVD 10. My home authored DVD-Audio discs (using Steinberg WaveLab 6) play properly (with navigation menus and 5.1 24 bit/48 kHz PCM etcc).
However when I play a commercial MLP-encoded DVD-A disc it "plays" and the menu navigation works but there is no sound or no error messages.

So does MLP decoding work or not with PowerDVD 10 Ultra? Is this just a problem with the "trial" version I am evaluating?
Go to: