Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I too was having the crash, crash, crash, issue on my desktop PC. What I discovered was that after installing Power Director on my laptop it worked fine (after I restarted the project.) So I moved the entire Cyberlinks folder to my external hard drive and reattached it to my desktop. When I launched Power Director from the external drive...no more crashing. The difference is that the laptop is running Power DVD 5.0. The Desktop runs Power DVD 3.0. Both Power Director and Power DVD live and in the same folder. I'm thinking that they must share DLL's and the DLL's from Power DVD 3.0 are not compatable with Power Director 5.0. Note that I did have to restart the project because the version that was created when crashing was corrupted. I hope this helps someone.
Go to: