Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solution.
I have changed my graphic card to Geforce GTX 560. Althought PowerDVD 11 still warn about two display devices the sound comes from the amplifier as HD audio and 3D is playing on tv flawless.
My set up:
HTPC (with PowerDVD 11 build 2608 )connected via HDMI to PIONEER SUZANO AMPLIFIER SC-LX90 with 6 HDMI 1.3 inputs and 2 HDMI 1.3 outputs on a 7.1 speakers set up.
SUZANO delivers the signal to 1.Projector PIONEER KURO KRF-9000FD or to 2. 3DTV SONY BRAVIA KDL-55HX920.
Since Amplifier cannot deliver 3D signal due to the limitation of 1.3 HDMI,i connected HTPC directly to TV with 1.4 fast (or b.) hdmi cable.
( Graphic card doesn't matter in my case since i tried 5 different graphic cards,Nvidia and AMD,as standalones,together as SLI or CROSSFIRE,even one AMD and one Nvidia.)
3D movies and sound are delivered smoothly without any problem in every case of direct connection between HTPC and tv..Even with DVI to HDMI adaptor from DVI port of the graphic card (both AMD and Nvidia) i could watch 3D movies in excellent quality,even without sound,due to the limitation of the DVI port.
The problem is the sound,since for a complete 3D movie experience you need a multispeaker set up and not tv's stereo speaker.
So i tried to connect my tv directly to a graphic card and the amplifier to the second graphic card via hdmi or one port of the graphic card to tv and the other port to amplifier.No matter if the card/cards were set up as extended desktop or clone,PowerDVD delivered the message " multiple desktops detected" ,refused to enable 3D and delivered 2D.(movie quality excellent and sound HD)
I then tried an active HDMI 1.4b splitter with one 1.4 HDMI cable to tv and another 1.4 HDMI cable to amplifier.The same message was delivered.Multiple desktops detected and failure of enabling 3D.
In the case of using 1.3 cable for delivering the signal to amplifier,probably due to the EDID of the splitter,POWERDVD couldn't recognise the 1.4 cable that was driven to tv and asked for an 1.4 HDMI cable.
After 2 months of try and error i cannot find a solution on how POWERDVD will allow extended,or clone desktop to be used while playing 3D movies so i (and everybody else with 1.3 amplifier) will be able to enjoy HD sound.And i really can't figure out why this limitation exists.
The easy solution is get another amplifier with 1.4 HDMI port.But i am not convinced why i should through away a piece of hardware worth 5.000€ just because a piece of software worth less than 100€ cannot support extended desktop on 3D.
I am a registered customer since version 8 of PowerDVD but i think its time for me to move on other software players.
Appologize for my English since its not my native language.
Power DVD 10 ULTRA 3D do NOT support watching movies or any other type of media through home network like the previous versions did.
Winows home network is NOT supported.
It only support DLNA/uPNP devices which provide multimedia files.

""Dear David,
dear gman,

the Network tab is intended to access DLNA/uPNP devices which provide multimedia files within a network.

The Network tab is not intended to be used like the same tab in Windows OS.

Please see quote from Help file:

to play a video file that is on a network (UPnP), click the Video tab, select Network in the Source pane, and then navigate to the location on the network that contains your video file or DVD folder. Double-click on a video file to begin playback. To play a DVD folder, select it and then click the play button. ""

Check the link below

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/10750.page#49833
Dear Cyberlink-Michael
i just upgrade from Power DVD 9 ULTRA to 10 ULTRA.
You can be pretty sure that if Cyberlink do not support the network in the same way as it was on the previous versions of Power DVD i will certainly not buy your next version.
Which genious told you that besides the regular network we want to setup DLNA/uPNP network??
I have 9 pc in my home network,one in every room and i want to watch the content of their hard drives form each one of them.
I through my money from the window just because someone in cyberlink desided that no longer the original windows network will not be available??????
Go to: