Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
what product do I need?
KellyS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2022 13:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know what product to buy. Somebody here to give me advice?

What i want is to create a video from images. Add some transitions, music, text so that it looks nice and fancy.
Do I need powerdirector or photodirector or something else (I already use Photoshop)

Any advice is really appriciated.

Thanks
Kelly

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2022 13:54

tarutledge007# [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2017 11:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know what product to buy. Somebody here to give me advice?

What i want is to create a video from images. Add some transitions, music, text so that it looks nice and fancy.
Do I need powerdirector or photodirector or something else (I already use Photoshop)

Any advice is really appriciated.

Thanks
Kelly
Hi Kelly - I think Powerdirector (PD) is a great application for what you want to do. If you have the images already you can bring them into PD, put them on the timeline, add or change transitions and add a music track. It goes quickly and from there you can spend all the time you want adding the bells, whistles and "fancy" things you want. You can do basic photo editing within PD but since you're already set up with Photoshop, do your photo editing there and import to PD (I use Lightroom the same way). If you want to dive deeper into all of this, Director Suite 365 gives you high level photo (ie PhotoDirector), audio and video tools plus tons of effects that will keep you learning for years. So I guess to answer your question directly, I'd suggest Powerdirector. Best wishes, TR
FlowFilms [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2022 04:07 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I use power director which can do all that. I'm not sure about photo director.
(I think photodirector just enhances images while power director you can actually create a slideshow)
I would just get power director as it seems to have WAY MORE functions for transitions and effects.