Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 19 Voice-over problems
DavidV48 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2016 13:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have successfully used the voice-over facility in the past, though maybe an earlier version of PD and on a previous PC.
I needed to insert a few voice-over segments into a video. At first, Powerdirector froze when I started so I installed the latest version. This time looked more promising, but the sound quality of all voice-over recording was unusable, either using the built-in mike or that on an attached webcam. It always started with a "pop", with a lot of background crackle and very quiet.

In desperation, I recorded the voiceovers using Windows Sound Recorder (using built-in mike) and imported the recordings. The sound on these was absolutely fine, so why can I not record them directly in Powerdirector?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Daniel5000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2018 21:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have successfully used the voice-over facility in the past, though maybe an earlier version of PD and on a previous PC.
I needed to insert a few voice-over segments into a video. At first, Powerdirector froze when I started so I installed the latest version. This time looked more promising, but the sound quality of all voice-over recording was unusable, either using the built-in mike or that on an attached webcam. It always started with a "pop", with a lot of background crackle and very quiet.

In desperation, I recorded the voiceovers using Windows Sound Recorder (using built-in mike) and imported the recordings. The sound on these was absolutely fine, so why can I not record them directly in Powerdirector?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm thinking there's a software issue as I also have a problem with the voiceover, but a different one. Mine just doesn't save the recording or place it in the project.
DavidV48 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2016 13:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I'm thinking there's a software issue as I also have a problem with the voiceover, but a different one. Mine just doesn't save the recording or place it in the project.

This has since been resolved by Cyberlink Help (thanks) telling me to update drivers. Here is their response..

Dear David,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that when performing a voice-over in the PowerDirector 19 Ultra, the recording always started with a pop with a lot of background crackle. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, kindly apply and follow the steps below and check again the software condition:
1. Update graphics card driver to the latest.
You can download the latest driver from the Intel’s website. If you have any problem installing graphics card drivers, please contact your computer manufacturer or the manufacturer of the display and sound cards for the latest drivers.
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
2. Restart your computer and run your PowerDirector 19 Ultra software while no other applications are running.
To maximize the available RAM and reduce the chance that another application conflicts with the application, close all open applications (including virus-protection utilities).

I initially had something like your problem (I could hear my voiceover on replay, but it was not visible in the project) and found that there was a later version of Powerdirector. After I downloaded that, this was fixed.

I hope this helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2022 02:36