Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
youcam reverted to "trial" although I have paid for it
mazin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2022 15:40 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have youcam 9, that worked flawless after i paid the $34.99 in may 2022. all the sudden, i open the program and its like the trial, even with less features than the trial, with windows of course, telling to upgrade. there is no area to re input my paid license. I sent two support tickets, and one direct email, since last thursday. 4.5 days ago, and i received ZILCH. ZERO RESPONSE. I feel that they stole my money and I AM PISSED THE F OFF.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The Deluxe version of YouCam would never revert to the trial version. It sounds like you've always had the Essential version installed, which cannot be upgraded to the Deluxe version. You need to download full version, install, and then input the product key.

I got information from my contact at CyberLink that they responded to your ticket within 24 hours. So please sign into the CyberLink member zone to see the ticket reply. Go to this link and then click on "My Status > My Support Ticket".

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Cheers
YouCam Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2022 21:55

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
mazin [Avatar]
[Post New]
no idea what happened,
but please dont treat em as if I was a moron, to justify your flaud product. I did downlan and install the full revision back in may, and entered the license etc.. and it worked great. now, all the features that I had are simply gone. got the "female" facial make up and thats all. other for video add ons are no longer here, like all the facial hair and colors etc..
I did get a response about 45 minutes ago, not 24 hours, and this after 4 days.
they sent me a new license, downlink and patch link.
did all that, patch would not install, and the software still missing all the features I used to have. add this: after 5 minutes, it closed with a message " cyberlink youcam shutdown with error" >> click here to dlwon load a patch that will fix......
clicked, on it, only to get to your sales page puching my on revision 10. why would anyone expect someone in my position, to yet pay again after 4 months? to pay again in december for 11??

i expect a full revision of 9.0 with all the features that i used, and used to have. very simple request.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The customer service center is not open on weekends, so that explains why you did not get your responses to both tickets until Monday. The second one being replied the same day.

As I said previously, it is not possible for the activated Deluxe version to auto switch to the Essential (trial) version. There must be some confusion.

Please make sure you go to Add/Remove programs in Windows and uninstall any current installations of YouCam you may have. Any version. Then use the YouCam 9 Deluxe download that was provided to you in your tickets to install the full version and activate it.

Cheers
YouCam Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2022 02:10

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
mazin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

The customer service center is not open on weekends, so that explains why you did not get your responses to both tickets until Monday. The second one being replied the same day.

As I said previously, it is not possible for the activated Deluxe version to auto switch to the Essential (trial) version. There must be some confusion.

Please make sure you go to Add/Remove programs in Windows and uninstall any current installations of YouCam you may have. Any version. Then use the YouCam 9 Deluxe download that was provided to you in your tickets to install the full version and activate it.

Cheers
YouCam Moderator

I did all that. I got the same thing. most features I used to have, are no longer in the software. simply gone. I even received a new download link from support. yanked out the entire software, cleaned the registery, installed new with the patch. plugged in the new license they gave me. same thing. there was many features, that are no longer there.