Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector and Stable Diffusion?
[Post New]
Is there any talk to Photodirector and adding Stable Diffusion to the mix?

I am seeing more and more AI image generating tools helping app like this.

I have seen a few for Blender and PhotoShop.

Or is this not the right tool for this kind of work?

Is there something in the Cyberlink Suite for this? I kinda love this company!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

V
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
The AI style transfer and the "style" tool contain some templates to convert images into paintings in photodirector, but I don't see any templates that are exactly belong to "stable diffusion" style.
[Post New]
Hello Veepo & QC2.0,

I have to admit to being (previously) blissfully unaware of Stable Diffusion. From what I've read and watched, it's unlikely to ever be incorporated into PhD.

Stable Diffusion has very little to do with photography. It's a process that involves generating images based on text prompts (e.g. "a painting of a whale & a goldfish in a beachside cafe") where the user can set parameters to modify how the image is generated.

QC2.0 is right to point out the AI Style tools. They have some similarity with parts of the tools (PC or online). i.e. you can set the style of painting in the example above e.g. "a painting of a whale & a goldfish in a beachside cafe" & set the style to "Van Gogh"

It looks like fun to play with, but I can't see it ever being part of a photo management package.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Veepo & QC2.0,

I have to admit to being (previously) blissfully unaware of Stable Diffusion. From what I've read and watched, it's unlikely to ever be incorporated into PhD.

Stable Diffusion has very little to do with photography. It's a process that involves generating images based on text prompts (e.g. "a painting of a whale & a goldfish in a beachside cafe") where the user can set parameters to modify how the image is generated.

QC2.0 is right to point out the AI Style tools. They have some similarity with parts of the tools (PC or online). i.e. you can set the style of painting in the example above e.g. "a painting of a whale & a goldfish in a beachside cafe" & set the style to "Van Gogh"

It looks like fun to play with, but I can't see it ever being part of a photo management package.

PIX

Hi @PIX!

I see your point. Not so much photography, but images in general. So correct, perhaps PhD is not the right tool.
There might text prompts in the future to say things like 'remove the car in the background'
Or generation of a realistic photo - then modify from there.

A video editing program called Runway is going this way as well.

What I am hoping is Cyberlink is looking into these options (AI tools like Stable Diffusion) for their suite of products.
They have already with the AI plugins. It is a start.

Thanks,

VeePo