Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Remaining" file size of produced video not accurate!?
wrswaim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2022 00:57 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
When producing a new video it showed by the "remaining" that the file would come out as 3.1 GB. I thought this was strange as it wasn't long enough or loaded enough to merit such a big size (should have registered as half that size). It took 2 or more hours to edit it down to - and set the frame rate, etc to - for the required 3GB or less my podcast server limits it to. Once it produced fully I look in the file folder and it was only 1.5 GB!!! NOT the 3 GB it said it would be!!! This has never happened to any videos I have produced before. Am I wrong that down by the little pie chart that "remaining" means the file size the video will be when completed? If not, then why did it insist on registering 3GB when it wasn;t that large in actuality?? I have to use this feature each time to make sure it is 3G or below - I need to know where then it shows what the file size will be when production is complete. Thank you very much.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink has chosen NOT to look at what is happening and written in this forum. Best is to always send an issue report or service request to (technical) support. Sometimes they are very responsive and helpful Sometimes not. I guess that at some point in time, when they get many request and report they might do something…..
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When producing a new video it showed by the "remaining" that the file would come out as 3.1 GB. I thought this was strange as it wasn't long enough or loaded enough to merit such a big size (should have registered as half that size). It took 2 or more hours to edit it down to - and set the frame rate, etc to - for the required 3GB or less my podcast server limits it to. Once it produced fully I look in the file folder and it was only 1.5 GB!!! NOT the 3 GB it said it would be!!! This has never happened to any videos I have produced before. Am I wrong that down by the little pie chart that "remaining" means the file size the video will be when completed? If not, then why did it insist on registering 3GB when it wasn;t that large in actuality?? I have to use this feature each time to make sure it is 3G or below - I need to know where then it shows what the file size will be when production is complete. Thank you very much.

The filesize is simply an estimate at start of encode process, it is valid if the entire duration of the timeline was dynamic video. It would then be encoded at the average bitrate of the profile you selected and have a final size of total bitrate times timeline duration. If you have a timeline that has many pics, near static video, the filesize estimate will be too high, as full bitrate is not utilized in these sections during encoding. If this is not the case for your timeline, then more details would be needed to answer correctly, like:
1) Attached pic of timeline
2) Attached pic of "Produce" tab settings
3) Attached text file of MediaInfo details of dominant footage in the timeline

Jeff