Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should I upgrade to 21?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Because I was traveling I have not yet been able to upgrade my 365 to version 21.
In this forum I see that a number of issues are mentioned. Obviously, things that went okay are not put in front of the members.
Given the problems with sound (looks like serious?), profiles, projects, templates and Boris gone (can they be found or restored?), some crashes and poor sky-replacement performances....
how is the performance (I am also thinking about the scanning of templates, titles etc at program start)?
what might be your expert advise: should I upgrade or best wait until there is a newer version?
thanks!
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Because I was traveling I have not yet been able to upgrade my 365 to version 21.
In this forum I see that a number of issues are mentioned. Obviously, things that went okay are not put in front of the members.
Given the problems with sound (looks like serious?), profiles, projects, templates and Boris gone (can they be found or restored?), some crashes and poor sky-replacement performances....
how is the performance (I am also thinking about the scanning of templates, titles etc at program start)?
what might be your expert advise: should I upgrade or best wait until there is a newer version?
thanks!

I would not update at least until the sound issues are resolved. They are serious and it's not usable the way it is. I'm sure they are working on it as it seems to be an issue with lots, maybe all, users. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I wouldn't upgrade, keep in mind, most of the "new" features are simply to get the perpetual PD21 release up to date with the 365 incremental updates through the year so really not much new for the 365 user. Maybe like 3 updates:

AI Object detection with video effects
AI Sky replacement utilizing user imported pic
Enhancement to the keyframe controls for masks

As such, it's hard to believe they can release such an audio snafu, absolutely unbelievable, makes the product useless at release.

Jeff
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
As such, it's hard to believe they can release such an audio snafu, absolutely unbelievable, makes the product useless at release.

Jeff

Totally agree!