Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is HDR possible on PD 365 Mac?
Keith2553 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2021 04:59 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have just finished editing a video and realised I could use the HDR effect to enhance the scenes. However, once done the video clips are unwatchable

I do not film in 4K as hardly anything can view a 4K film, so I film in HD. I am curious as to why there is an option for HDR enhancement, but it is not working for me. Any ideas ?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have just finished editing a video and realised I could use the HDR effect to enhance the scenes. However, once done the video clips are unwatchable

I do not film in 4K as hardly anything can view a 4K film, so I film in HD. I am curious as to why there is an option for HDR enhancement, but it is not working for me. Any ideas ?

Hello,

We have checked and this appears to be a bug in the previewing of the HDR effect on a video project. Once the video is outputted/produced, the applied effect is as expected. Is this what you encountered, i.e. on preview and you didn't try producing the project? Let us know if it is okay once you produce the project.

As a temp workaround for the previewing of the HDR effect, click the Render Preview button that is located under the preview window to view your project with it applied.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/20/mac/enu/03_05_02_project_preview_win.html

CyberLink has confirmed the bug on HDR effect preview and it should be fixed in a future update. Thanks for raising this.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator