Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bad Backgrounds
Warren Russell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2022 19:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm experimenting with virtual backgrounds, and it seems that no matter which background I select (Including blurring), I get ugly artifacts around my head any time I move it. I've used YouCam a little bit on another computer and didn't see this issue.

I am running Windows 11 now. Could that be what's causing this?

Thanks for your help!

Warren
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
More likely it is your GPU that is causing the difference between the two computers. Do you know the spec differences between the two computers? Check that the GPU driver is up to date.

I guess it is possible the GPU driver on the Windows 11 machine is not optimized and causing said issue.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2022 21:04

Norajackosn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2023 04:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I'm experimenting with virtual backgrounds, and it seems that no matter which background I select (Including blurring), I get ugly artifacts around my head any time I move it. I've used YouCam a little bit on another computer and didn't see this issue.

I am running Windows 11 now. Could that be what's causing this?

Thanks for your help!

Warren

With Windows 11, I occasionally get a similar problem. It seems to be a GPU problem. This problem also exists for me on Wilbursoot. If someone discovers this solution, kindly let us know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2023 05:03

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
This can be caused by lighting, clothing, and resolution settings. The problem is that YouCam can't correctly detect the edges of the foreground under some conditions.

It can also happen if you're using a green screen. If you look closely at a weather forecaster standing in front of the virtual maps, you can see the same effect sometimes.

See if changing your environment helps. Jerry Schwartz