Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Audio Languages" selection does not function with a dual-audio .mkv file
coldwater312 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2022 17:40 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 15 to edit an .mkv file which happens to have two audio tracks, but when I try to select the appropriate option of Audio Languages nothing happens, no dropdown appears even if the button is highlighted as if I could click it. Is this a known glitch? What is going on, and how do I fix it?
Also, If I try to drag the file onto a track, the audio completely deletes and only the visuals remain. It doesn't choose any "main" audio, it just outright refuses to acknowledge either. (In VLC, both audio files work just fine.)
 Filename
01. Golden Experience.mkv
[Disk]
 Description
This is the file (JJBA:VA 01x01) with the Opus audio tracks that does not work (for the record, I was just trying to see if PD had a dual audio feature, not to make a video out of this)
 Filesize
217218 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 01. 2022 19:53

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would probably help to share a copy of the specific clip you're having trouble with. Ypu can upload it directly here using the Attachments button under the forum's text box, but it's usually quicker to use a cloud service like Google Drive or OneDrive. See this FAQ for more info.
coldwater312 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am using PowerDirector 15 to edit an .mkv file which happens to have two audio tracks, but when I try to select the appropriate option of Audio Languages nothing happens, no dropdown appears even if the button is highlighted as if I could click it. Is this a known glitch? What is going on, and how do I fix it?
Also, If I try to drag the file onto a track, the audio completely deletes and only the visuals remain. It doesn't choose any "main" audio, it just outright refuses to acknowledge either. (In VLC, both audio files work just fine.)

I have located the possible issue when trying out different dual audio files, given that ones which had the audio encoded as MPEG AAC worked perfectly, while the files which I am trying to work with have encoded the audio in the Opus format. Is it possible that PowerDirector simply isn't compatible with Opus?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think Opus is as widely supported as AAC in general, so the best thing to dow is to use that format from now on. Also make sure you have the final update for PD15 (build 3929) which was released 4 years ago this month. You can download and install it from here.
coldwater312 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't think Opus is as widely supported as AAC in general, so the best thing to dow is to use that format from now on. Also make sure you have the final update for PD15 (build 3929) which was released 4 years ago this month. You can download and install it from here.

I will try that asap! Thank you so much!