Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Effects disappeared
FayeUK40 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2018 11:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, first time asking here and Im a bit stumped tbh. I have PD 20 and there are a couple of effects I use in everything I do. They have disappeared. I had them in my faves and now they're gone.

One of them is BCC Beauty

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
To have the BCC beauty studio in PD20/365 You have to have the PD365 Director suite and not PD20. If you don’t have them in the fx then you should reinstall PD365 to get them back.

If you have them previously in PD20 then it must have come from a previous suite and a PD20 update wiped them out. There is no way to get them back. Cyberlink support may be able to help you get them back if you write a support ticket for it.
FayeUK40 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2018 11:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
How frustrating. Thankyou so much. I'll look into PD365
I dont use the software too often so downgraded to PD20

Quote To have the BCC beauty studio in PD20/365 You have to have the PD365 Director suite and not PD20. If you don’t have them in the fx then you should reinstall PD365 to get them back.

If you have them previously in PD20 then it must have come from a previous suite and a PD20 update wiped them out. There is no way to get them back. Cyberlink support may be able to help you get them back if you write a support ticket for it.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed PD20 and it has been a mess.
After 20 versions it still ruins previous installations of New Blue and BorisFX.
I should have known better, Cyberlink NEVER got this right, and it seems lots of people have a different experience with the same issues. Some get a prompt to reinstall Boris, I did not.
My other New Blue installations are a mess, double icons, unregistered, 1/3 of them no longer work in my other PD versions.
It's great when a new installation can ruin previous versions.
Why did I not listen to the little voice that said DON'T DO IT!!!?
My PD17 was just fine, except for the inability to capture more than 4.1Gb of video (idiotic bug at this point).
I will submit a ticket but I'm just here to bitch in public, because CL earned it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just installed PD20 and it has been a mess.
After 20 versions it still ruins previous installations of New Blue and BorisFX.
I should have known better, Cyberlink NEVER got this right, and it seems lots of people have a different experience with the same issues. Some get a prompt to reinstall Boris, I did not.
My other New Blue installations are a mess, double icons, unregistered, 1/3 of them no longer work in my other PD versions.
It's great when a new installation can ruin previous versions.
Why did I not listen to the little voice that said DON'T DO IT!!!?
My PD17 was just fine, except for the inability to capture more than 4.1Gb of video (idiotic bug at this point).
I will submit a ticket but I'm just here to bitch in public, because CL earned it.

That same 4GB capture bug exists in the later versions of PD too after your report on PD17 almost 2 years ago. Like all the posters, no one wants to report it to CyberLink but only to bitch on this forum like this one on PD19: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97304.page . I have had the same problems with NB and the Boris FX. Both have been addressed and fixed by posting on this forum and by CyberLink Support which is necessary.