Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Build 2508 major issue with SVRT
tescosfinest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2010 17:29 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there, I appreciate the fix in build 2508 for Canon users, however it still has a major flaw! If I split a clip on the timeline into pieces SVRT will only apply to the first piece. A quick test to confirm:

Drop in a clip several minutes long.
Split the clip into three pieces on the timeline
Delete the center piece
Produce the movie

Unless my system is unique you'll see that SVRT works on the first clip but disables on the second.

This is a disaster as I bought PowerDirector for the SVRT feature. I edit wedding videos where one long continues shot get's broken down into dozens of pieces and transistioned together so it's effectively useless now.

Can R&D investigate as this seems like a fairly major bug?

Thanks!

Andrew
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that was confirmed by a user in another thread, so it is not just you. I am just now getting the time to play with it and will try it myself later tonight. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Based on my testing I think if you go to the preferences > Produce Tab and tick "Allow SVRT on single IDR H.264 Video" will allow SVRT to be used through split clips for my Canon 1920x1080, 24Mbps clips. It also appears to allow SVRT to be used after transitions applied between clips.

Not totally sure of the potential downfalls or if it truly allows SVRT to work in all situations. I've test transitions (various durations), color blocks, titles, pics in the middle of a split clip and it has not failed yet. Also tested the same list above between two non split clips.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2010 21:07

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not having any trouble with SVRT, but I just realized that you are talking specifically about Canon videos, so it really doesn't apply here. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
tescosfinest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2010 17:29 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Based on my testing I think if you go to the preferences > Produce Tab and tick "Allow SVRT on single IDR H.264 Video" will allow SVRT to be used through split clips for my Canon 1920x1080, 24Mbps clips. It also appears to allow SVRT to be used after transitions applied between clips.

Not totally sure of the potential downfalls or if it truly allows SVRT to work in all situations. I've test transitions (various durations), color blocks, titles, pics in the middle of a split clip and it has not failed yet. Also tested the same list above between two non split clips.

Jeff

Jeff, thank you so much - that sorted the issue for me too. I'm not quite sure why this is buried away in preferences or like you what the pitfalls are but I'll keep this option on unless I find any other problems.

Thanks again,

Andrew
arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
OH! the option is available on 2220c as well!
testing it right now....
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
arise

I tried that option with 2220c and it did not work for me. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I retested my encoding test with Canon 24 Mb/s AVCHD data. After checking the H.264 box in preferences SVRT now works when a long fade transition is inserted between two clips. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
arise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I retested my encoding test with Canon 24 Mb/s AVCHD data. After checking the H.264 box in preferences SVRT now works when a long fade transition is inserted between two clips.

doesn't work for me in 2220c
tried both FXP and MXP (17 and 24mbps)
what format are your files?
James W
[Post New]
Your right it does not work with 2220c.

I should have said that I retested my encoding test using build 2508 and checking the H.264 box in preferences. I thought that was implied from the title of the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Contact Cyberlink for 2508 and you should be good to go. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
arise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Your right it does not work with 2220c.

I should have said that I retested my encoding test using build 2508 and checking the H.264 box in preferences. I thought that was implied from the title of the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Contact Cyberlink for 2508 and you should be good to go.

ah ok, that's why
i'm running the demo version, i guess i'll wait for GA of 2508.
If it works, i'll buy the thing...finally....
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I was having similar trouble with SVRT until I implemented Jeff's suggestion, and I have a Sony HDR-XR200.

Works perfectly now! I'm using build 2508.

Since applying Jeff's suggesion, I re-authored a 3 1/2 hour project and burnt to blu-ray. I wasn't sure if ticking the box would mean my blu-ray player wouldn't be able to play my work. However, not only did performing Jeff's suggestion reduce production time by over an hour, it also played back perfectly on my blu-ray player!

Cheers,

Andrew

EDIT

Has anyone managed to get SVRT to work without ticking the box in preferences? I'd be interested to hear, for example, if other Sony users have managed to get SVRT to work without applying Jeff's suggestion. I'm sure R&D would like to know too! Haha!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 17. 2010 15:33

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
ZoltanCanonHF200 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2009 07:30 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

After ticking the IDR flag in preferences, videos were SVRT rendered after each transition.

Cheers

/z