Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Locate media in the timeline
RichInKy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2022 11:07 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have a large project I'm working on. I've been using PD 20 for less than a month but I have a question about locating media in the time line.

Looking at the Media Room listing I can see and sort the media in the libraries. I can see if the individual files are used in the timeline. If I hover over the media in the timeline I can see the filename and then locate it in the listing.

What I cannot do is to not only see if an individual file is being used in the timeline, but where in the timeline, or if it's used multiple times.

I tried right-click on the file but there are no options. I don't see a search feature for the timeline. Does one exist?

Thanks
Rich
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I tried right-click on the file but there are no options. I don't see a search feature for the timeline. Does one exist?

Hello,

You can do this by selecting the clip and then going to View > Go to > Find in Timeline.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
RichInKy [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

You can do this by selecting the clip and then going to View > Go to > Find in Timeline.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Most excellent! I never thought to look under "view/goto". Thanks for the speedy reply
RichInKy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, today it's not working. I click on view/go to/find in timeline, but it doesn't go anywhere. I could have sworn that it did the other day, but not now. Looks like it should. I thought it would move the cursor there but it doesn't do anything at all.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible that you deleted that particular clip from the timeline? Maybe try again using a clip you know the actual location of and see if that works.
RichInKy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible that you deleted that particular clip from the timeline? Maybe try again using a clip you know the actual location of and see if that works.

Sorry for the late response, I've been traveling.

I have a project I created for the Cyberlink support people on another issue I'm having, making iso files for DVD and Blu-ray. This project is only their sample videos and pics. I move to the beginning of the timeline, click on an image in the Media Content box, click View/Go To/Find in timeline and nothing happens. I do this for multiple pics or videos and nothing happens.

Is this the correct way to search? I'm using PD20 Ultimate 64-bit and it says there are no available updates
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Sorry for the late response, I've been traveling.

I have a project I created for the Cyberlink support people on another issue I'm having, making iso files for DVD and Blu-ray. This project is only their sample videos and pics. I move to the beginning of the timeline, click on an image in the Media Content box, click View/Go To/Find in timeline and nothing happens. I do this for multiple pics or videos and nothing happens.

Is this the correct way to search? I'm using PD20 Ultimate 64-bit and it says there are no available updates

Hi,

Can you check the exact version of PDR20 ? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85748.page#post_box_354918

There was a patch release in July up to v. 2815.

I've attached a quick screen cap of how the function works on my system.

Cheers
PowereDirector Moderator
[Thumb - PDR20 patch.png]
 Filename
PDR20 patch.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
 Filename
GoTo.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2897 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
105 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
RichInKy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've added my video and snap of the software version. Doing what you do, it doesn't move.
[Thumb - 9-7-2022 2-06-07 PM.jpg]
 Filename
9-7-2022 2-06-07 PM.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Current version of PD20
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
 Filename
20220907140348.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Screen capture of my project
 Filesize
14178 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)
RichInKy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, another problem that they can reproduce at the Cyberlink site, without any answer. I'm supposed to "rest assured" that they're working on it.

This is the second issue I have reported with the same reply. I have another one that is probably going to get the same thing. I feel like I should have gotten this software for free since I'm beta testing. (roll eyes, shrug shoulders)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, another problem that they can reproduce at the Cyberlink site, without any answer. I'm supposed to "rest assured" that they're working on it.

This is the second issue I have reported with the same reply. I have another one that is probably going to get the same thing. I feel like I should have gotten this software for free since I'm beta testing. (roll eyes, shrug shoulders)

Just another bug in the perpetual license version that's not been addressed. They moved several items from the right mouse click of media in the library room to other menus, never got hooked up correctly.

They've only had 3 updates for the perpetual version since PD20 released 1 year ago so not very well supported, by their design I'm sure, as they want subscription payers. Last 4 versions been total lack of proper update support vs prior perpetual versions, about the end of the road for me.

Jeff
RichInKy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I used Nero Platinum 11 for years and years. It was really great software. Support was minimal but the product really worked. I have tried Cyberlink PowerDirector 20, Adobe Premiere Elements 2022 and Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020, since about March of this year. They all crash, they all have tools that don't work, they all have poor support. There is no quality in any video software anymore.

I'd still use Nero 11 but I finally got a new laptop with Windows 10 and it won't run on it. Should I buy the Nero suite again? I've thrown out a lot of money since early this year but I'm debating the possible purchase of Nero again. It' only $35 right now instead of $100. Thinking, thinking...

Never mind, it's an annual subscription rate. (sigh)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2022 18:53