Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Text on 360 video
ZbyszekUK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2022 22:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for a way to put text on 360 videos, but flat in front of the camera.
To make clearer what I mean. I am recording driving on the road. I want to put the name of the road like it is lying on the road (not perpendicular to the road!)
If I set the latitude to -90 it is lying properly flat, but just beneath the camera, and I want to move it further away from the camera but still on the same surface
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
A little challenging to pull that off in PowerDirector. That type of 3D camera tracking is best handled with an effects program like After Effects or HitFillm.
ZbyszekUK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2022 22:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A little challenging to pull that off in PowerDirector. That type of 3D camera tracking is best handled with an effects program like After Effects or HitFillm.

The tracking is not my problem. Positioning the text is
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As StevenG mentioned, you'll have a hard time doing that in PD as all internally generated text is placed on the inside of the visual sphere.

You'd need to create text images with transparent backgrounds in a third-party app, then import them and manually keyframe their position and distortion to apparently stay in place as you drive over/past them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2022 15:20