Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 365 and AudioDirector having issues after the latest upgrade.
Simon01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2022 14:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Both PowerDirector and AudioDirector have started flashing error messages about a problem with a "Target Folder" not being found. Power Director does this when I try using the Voice Over Room, and simply won't allow a recording to be made, while AudioDirector lets me record but won't save it, and flashes the same error message. If it's a space issue with the hard drive, then I have plenty of space, so that can't be the problem.

I did move some project files to an external drive, but that shouldn't have affected anything. This all seems to have started after the latest upgrade last month. One odd thing that also happened was that the video intro templates all dissappeared, then today, they're back.

Is there a fix for this, or do I need to uninstall all of it and reinstall it?

Simon
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Not very clear what happened in your system. It is not a behavior I recognize.
I would uninstall and reinstall it again and maybe even delete and/or forget the preferences so that these can be set to default too. It may be that these settings also point to a folder that is not available. However in that case, I would expect that you have done this in the two programs and have remembered....
Simon01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2022 14:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Not very clear what happened in your system. It is not a behavior I recognize.
I would uninstall and reinstall it again and maybe even delete and/or forget the preferences so that these can be set to default too. It may be that these settings also point to a folder that is not available. However in that case, I would expect that you have done this in the two programs and have remembered....

I keep getting variations of it telling me that a file isn't found or target folder not found, and re-intalling it didn't fix anything. Trying to produce a completed project results in it telling me that the hard drive is either read only or that I don't have the permissions to save on it. It's just a laptop that I use, no permissions needed. As far as I can tell, there's noting wrong with the computer, and it behaves just fine, including saving files. Audio Director keeps up with the "file not found" message after I try recording and saving things, and Screen Recorder behaves as if there's not enough drive space, regardless of what I've moved to an external drive.

Running out of ideas, and I've got projects waiting to be completed.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
The latest upgrades: which versions are you using?
Just a laptop that I use. I have the same feeling when I am blocked from a folder I want to look into. I am assuming that you use a Windows laptop? Windows protects a number of folders that cannot be accessed by (even) uses with administrators’ rights. The video folder you may be using however are likely not from that category. Then there is the defender, in which you can define folders that cannot be accessed (even by you). All I can offer you from a distance is the advise to try the following:
- I am assuming that the filers and folders you mention, can be opened by other applications? Like the file explorer?
- Files and folders are not found. WHEN is that, is that already when you try to import something into the media room, or do you get messages when you produce or what?
- have you tried moving the video files from your project to another folder or even another drive? Did you try to pack the project, move it around and use and run produce like that?
- run a chkdsk c: /f to make sure that your disk is okay (or replace c: with the appropriate drive letter).
- You can also run the SFC and DISM command (you can browse for the correct parameters online).
- Look at whether you have at least 15% of disk space available. Run the disk cleaning if need be
- switch off the defender (manage settings) to see whether the PD behavior is different (don’t forget to switch it on again)
- any other virus software running, that may cause similar problems?
- look at the folders which you are denied access. I would also specifically be looking for the Cyberlink folders in program files. Is something the matter with them? Open the properties and the security tab to see who has access and if you are not one of these, change that.
- you mention 3 Cyberlink programs, the other 365 programs work alright?
- any codex software you have installed? (Turning it of to see what happens)
- share the DXDiag.txt file with us so that we can see whether there is something wrong with the system.
and you have contacted CL support? Maybe they have experience with these matters. I scanned through the FAQ list, but could not find anything relevant. You?
A long list with all obvious steps, which you may have looked at already. Let us know how things go....