Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help importing .pds file to mp4
Tomwester1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2022 06:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I've tried to importing my .pds file in PowerDirector 365, but everytime it says "An error occured when opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for another video format."

The files I've used in PowerDirector are jpg, mp4, mp3 and flac. And the error message came up everytime I tried different file formats. The files I used, for example the jpg file was a design from illustrator that a friend of mine made, and the mp3 file was music that I made. I do not understand why this error message keeps coming up.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
A PDS is a project file, not a media file.

What happens if you File/Open the PDS rather than trying to import it as media?

But if you're having trouble importing any media file into your project, it's possible there's something wrong with your process.

What menus are you choosing and what steps are you taking to add media to your project?

My Basic Training tutorial might help. Otherwise, please describe the steps you're taking so we can see what's going wrong when.

Tomwester1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A PDS is a project file, not a media file.

But if you're having trouble importing any media file into your project, it's possible there's something wrong with your process.

What menus are you choosing and what steps are you taking to add media to your project?

My Basic Training tutorial might help. Otherwise, please describe the steps you're taking so we can see what's going wrong when.

I can open the PDS file and it appears as normal in PowerDirector. Im new to this program so my working process may be the problem here.

I added media by dragging a FLAC file and an mp4 file into what I think is called the 'time line editor'. The FLAC was about 3 minutes long and the mp4 file was around 30 seconds, so I copy pasted it until it was the same duration as the FLAC file.

After that I wanted to convert the PDS to mp4, and I read somewhere that you may do so by importing the PDS, however, that was when the error message appeared.
Tomwester1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A PDS is a project file, not a media file.

Hi again Steven. Thank you for posting your YouTube channel, you have a new sub. I found the help I needed in your 8th PowerDirector video, where it showed me how to convert PDS into mp4.

Cheers!
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Great news, Tom! Glad we could help.