Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 4 crashes when I attempt to record, says that file can't be accessed.
Simon01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2022 14:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It has started crashing when I try to start a recording, and in addition to saying that the file can't be accessed, it says to check for how much free space is on the hard drive. I have 129 GB, which should be plenty.

This seems to have started only after the latest update was downloaded within the past week or so.

Anyone else having this problem?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You might want to check for a new video driver, otherwise try uninstalling SR4 (by right-clicking on it in the CL App Mananger or by using the normal Windows uninstaller) the reinstalling it. You can also try unchecking the Enable hardware recording box from Preferences | Video
Simon01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You might want to check for a new video driver, otherwise try uninstalling SR4 (by right-clicking on it in the CL App Mananger or by using the normal Windows uninstaller) the reinstalling it. You can also try unchecking the Enable hardware recording box from Preferences | Video

Tired both but it still keeps crashing and stating that can't access the file, check if there is enough free space in the target folder.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like you should report the issue directly to CL tech support. You can reach them here, and you might want to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see the details you've already shared.
Simon01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like you should report the issue directly to CL tech support. You can reach them here, and you might want to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see the details you've already shared.

Thanks! I also a reported a minor issue with Power Director itself that started around the same time, along with the link to the forum here.