Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green Screen THEN Screen effects
rickidoda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2011 07:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I know how to do green screen stuff in PD, but I want to take it further. I want to add an overlay effect on the resultant cut out from the green screen while not changing any underlying backgrounds. The problem is, as soon as I add any effect on the cut out, the green screen is no longer green and the background reappears in a different color....

There's a music video on you tube with a guy that is cut out, and effects are applied. It looks really cool.

Here's the you tube link

https://youtu.be/WmZDVsfICNo?t=46

I do not want to hand draw a mask...

I'm knocking me head against the wall. Any suggestions? All thoughts appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

Rick

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 21. 2022 08:43

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It is indeed a challange because whatever effect you do, it may be applied to all above layers to.
What I have tried (and had reasonable success with) was
- take the clip that should be "chroma keyed"
- use ColorDirector and within that Color Splash, and select the color (green) you want to maintain. The rest of the clip will be black and white
- back in PD you have still the green as the only color that can be chroma keyed.....
mind you, as far as I have tried, this solution is predominantly working with black and white, in the example you gave there were other effects applied. Most effects will also change/have impact on the green color.
I would recommend to play a bit with the application of the effect, it can be either directly to the clip, or to a separate effect track inserted. When applied to a separate clip the ffect has (a different) impact on the laye and the layers above...