Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube Copyright Claim Issue - Very Disappointed In Power Director 365
MASTERTHENEC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2022 12:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings Folks,

One of the reasons we purchase Power Director 365 is the ability to get royalty-free music for our videos. I used some of that royalty-free music in my recent video and received a copyright strike. See attached image.

Now, why on EARTH would the audio be available in the royalty-free downloads for our videos if someone can claim a copyright strike and affect our revenue. What is the POINT of selling us on this benefit if it will cause such an issue?

Yes, I have tried to reach CyberLink. There is no way to submit tickets.....from the website and no easy way to contact them to assist in this issue......so my subscription is coming up in a few weeks....and I do not believe I will renew as I will have to go back to Premiere Pro and edit my videos......being charged for Royalty-Free Music and then taking a strike that can affect my youtube channel is not what I expected from this purchase.

So, if you really rely on your YouTube Channel for income....beware of using these "Royalty-Free" background music.

(click the link below to see an image of the copyright strike online)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpjghxhCX6FQf98Squ3eL077ZUFUuuaN/view?usp=sharing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2022 12:49

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It is not necessarily Cyberlink at fault.
Youtube is very aggressive, and often stoopid.
Trolls will also make fraudulent claims.
Use Youtube's tools to squash the claims.
EDIT:
I thought I recognized Plessner.
Are you using Smartsound?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2022 21:07

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MASTERTHENEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It is not necessarily Cyberlink at fault.
EDIT:

Greetings Barry - I have no idea what Plessner is or Smartsound. I simply created the video in Power Director 365 and use the build in Background Music offered in my package and dropped them into my video thinking I was able to use the music royalty free.
MASTERTHENEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It is not necessarily Cyberlink at fault.
EDIT:

I also have no idea what the "Youtubes tools" are....I just issued a dispute on the claim and stated where I got the music and awaiting their decision. But, it makes me leary of using the content in Power Director 365 in the future as why would I want to risk my channel with nearly 20K followers.
MASTERTHENEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE - I won the appeal....and they have restored the content and allowed monetization as a result.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

I also have no idea what the "Youtubes tools" are....I just issued a dispute on the claim and stated where I got the music and awaiting their decision. But, it makes me leary of using the content in Power Director 365 in the future as why would I want to risk my channel with nearly 20K followers.
Youtube tools are what you used, official YT avenues to dispute claims. Perhaps I should have said Customer Service. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MASTERTHENEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Youtube tools are what you used, official YT avenues to dispute claims. Perhaps I should have said Customer Service.

Thanks Barry for your guidance. I guess its on to the next one and just hope it doesn't happen again. Sadly, I still get the same type thing on Facebook as well. However, their is no process like YouTube's on Facebook.
Syed Rehan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2023 05:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote UPDATE - I won the appeal....and they have restored the content and allowed monetization as a result.

Hi, I've got a claim on background music as well.

Can you please tell me which option did you choose as main reason for dispute? License or something else?

Thanks