Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning unsuccessful Error code eEB020B88
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to burn a disk of my latest project.

I am using a Double Layer DVD+R DL from Stabples, 8.5 GB 8x speed.

The program defaulted to HQ 720 x 480/30i (9.5bps), 6556 MB, and at "Smart Fit" would go to 6761 MB.

I completely "authors," but only goes to 1% of "Burning" befro eit stops and the notice pops up that says

"Burning unsuccessful
Error code eEB020B88"

I have tried with bothe the defauls and Smart Fit settings, and made sure that it was set for the 8.5 GB DVD (after using the 4.6 GB setting first). Got the exact same result each time

I tried

I am using an LG Slim Portable Blu-ray/DVD writer, Model # BP50NB40 from 2017 hooked up to a Dell Inspiron 64-bit 15 3000 running Windows 11 Home.

What am I missing here? Zorikh
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try a folder burn? Attempting to burn to a folder first saves discs.
Did you try without a menu? Early fails can be a bad menu.
Burn slower speed, disable HA.
Staples discs are crap.
Get Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, or Verbatim.
Be sure your burner is free of dust,

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 04. 2022 08:41

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you try a folder burn? Attempting to burn to a folder first saves discs.
Did you try without a menu? Early fails can be a bad menu.
Burn slower speed, disable HA.
Staples discs are crap.
Get Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, or Verbatim.
Be sure your burner is free of dust,

Thanks for all this!

Never heard of a "folder burn." I will look it up.

I have not made a menu yet.

If HA is Hardware Accelleration, the only HA I had selected was "enable hardware decoding," but I will try it with that deselected.

I turned my laptop off last night ant turned it on this morening. If all this does nto work today I will get new disks and a dust-blower (but the disk burner has been in the box most of the time, so that's a low-perscentage play, I think). Zorikh
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
When you burn a video-DVD look at the content in your file explorer.
For DVD you get 2 folders:
Video, which contains the video files, and menu if you have a menu.
Audio folder, which always appears empty.
Those 2 folders, and any sub folders are what is actually on the dvd!
So, skip the physical DVD and just burn the folder, remember where you save it.
If you get a successful folder burn you can test it with VLC, or Powerdvd, or any other app that can play a folder structure.
If all is well you can then either reburn to disc or use the folders to burn the disc using Power2go or imgburn or any folder burning app. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When you burn a video-DVD look at the content in your file explorer.
For DVD you get 2 folders:
Video, which contains the video files, and menu if you have a menu.
Audio folder, which always appears empty.
Those 2 folders, and any sub folders are what is actually on the dvd!
So, skip the physical DVD and just burn the folder, remember where you save it.
If you get a successful folder burn you can test it with VLC, or Powerdvd, or any other app that can play a folder structure.
If all is well you can then either reburn to disc or use the folders to burn the disc using Power2go or imgburn or any folder burning app.

Wait...these folders are what I get when I burn the DVD...the trouble is I am not having any success burning the DVD, so how do I ge the folders?

My ultimate objetive is to make DVDs that people can use on their DVD/Blu-ray players. Can Power2go and imgburn do that? Zorikh
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Wait...these folders are what I get when I burn the DVD...the trouble is I am not having any success burning the DVD, so how do I ge the folders?

My ultimate objetive is to make DVDs that people can use on their DVD/Blu-ray players. Can Power2go and imgburn do that?

See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=1567#:~:text=A%20DVD%20folder%20is%20a%20folder%20that%20contains,folder%20on%20your%20hard%20disk%20as%20the%20destination. . Use VLC as suggested by Barry to play this video folder. Burn it either using Cyberlink Power2Go menu Video Disc/ Burn DVD Folder. Most advanced users use ImgBurn as suggested by Barry, These are free burner software.

If you like you can buy more expensive software like Nero, etc. to do the same job. The LG optical drives cam come with their own tools and software for their burner that may be used.
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]

See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=1567#:~:text=A%20DVD%20folder%20is%20a%20folder%20that%20contains,folder%20on%20your%20hard%20disk%20as%20the%20destination. . Use VLC as suggested by Barry to play this video folder. Burn it either using Cyberlink Power2Go menu Video Disc/ Burn DVD Folder. Most advanced users use ImgBurn as suggested by Barry, These are free burner software.

If you like you can buy more expensive software like Nero, etc. to do the same job. The LG optical drives cam come with their own tools and software for their burner that may be used.

It looks like the DVD Folder is talking about the original source video being from a DVD. Sadly, that is not the case here. I created the video from scratch on PowerDirector 19 and I am tryihng to get it onto a DVD for duplication.

If there is a way to create the folder or file after setting the menu and all the chapter breaks without burining it to a disk so that then I can take a clash drive or external hard drive to the duplication service, I am all ears.

Thanks! Zorikh
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It looks like the DVD Folder is talking about the original source video being from a DVD. Sadly, that is not the case here. I created the video from scratch on PowerDirector 19 and I am tryihng to get it onto a DVD for duplication.

If there is a way to create the folder or file after setting the menu and all the chapter breaks without burining it to a disk so that then I can take a clash drive or external hard drive to the duplication service, I am all ears.

Thanks!

Try this in PD19:
1. In The Final Burn window uncheck everything. Check Create a folder.
2. Download Power2Go and use it to burn that created DVD folder. Be sure to follow instructions. I believe that you need to select the 8.5GB instead of the 4.7GB default setting.
3. Burn the DVD at 4x speed if you find it in the settings.

You can take that created folder or a created image to any duplication service to burn a DVD. Check their requirements first.
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]

It looks like the DVD Folder is talking about the original source video being from a DVD. Sadly, that is not the case here. I created the video from scratch on PowerDirector 19 and I am tryihng to get it onto a DVD for duplication.

Thanks!

Well, it turned out that the problem was the burnewr. I went to BestBuy, got me a new DVD burner for $35, the first atetempted burn stopped plaing in my palyer about halfway through, the second time it worked perfectly!

So now all I have to do is fix two glaring typos in the titles, set my menus, and I will be ready to make copies!

Thank you for your attention, folks. Zorikh
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
If the DVD stops or stutters try burning at a slower speed.
Quality of disc is ever more important. Taiyo Yuden among the best.
I have also found Sony DVD players to be finicky, if that applies. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)