Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SR4 starts, then Immediately Crashes
seak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2022 09:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
HI,
I really love this SR Cyberlink program, but this has not happened before. I simply tried to record a lecture, selected custom field, highlighted the screen, hit record, and the program immediately crashed.

SR4: 4.3.0.19614
Screen Rec 4 SR #: SRC220308-04
Version Type: Deluxe

Latest Patch downloaded, but still the crash occurred: Updates Screen Recorder 4 to build 19614

DxDiag Attachment added

I really appreciate your expert opinion. Thank you!

Best,

Steve
 Filename
DxDiag Dell July 2, 2022.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
134 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
367 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The DxDiag results show that your system is pretty up-to-date, but Dell's AlienwareCommandCenter app has crashed many times (as shown at the end of the report) and that might indicate an issue with Windows. Try running the diagnostics from their support page and see if that helps at all. Have it check for driver updates while you're at it.

Once you've done all that, uninstall SR4, reboot and try installing it again as an Administrator. To do that, right-click on the installer (or on the CL App Manager) and choose Run as Administrator.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2022 13:06

seak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2022 09:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The DxDiag results show that your system is pretty up-to-date, but Dell's AlienwareCommandCenter app has crashed many times (as shown at the end of the report) and that might indicate an issue with Windows. Try running the diagnostics from their support page and see if that helps at all. Have it check for driver updates while you're at it.

Once you've done all that, uninstall SR4, reboot and try installing it again as an Administrator. To do that, right-click on the installer (or on the CL App Manager) and choose Run as Administrator.

===================

Hello,

I updated all my Windows and computer drivers, uninstalled SR4, reinstalled it with Administrator privileges, and tried to record a lecture, and it immediately crashed again.

It is so interesting because I have been using SR for several years, and have not seen this before.

I am not certain what to do next. Thank you in advance for getting back to me. I really appreciate it!

Thank you.

Steve

======================

Latest update:

I was working with the SR this afternoon and noticed that when I recorded a lecture on my adjacent monitor -- it did NOT work.

However, when I moved the recording to my main monitor, the recording worked well! I did not realize this before.

Thank you kinldy for your kind advice.

My updated SR4 is working well now!

Have a great 4th of July weekend! Take care.

Best,

Steve

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2022 18:56