Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop with motion track
Dominik8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2021 16:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

some of my files are in 5-6k. My movies are exportet in 4k. So its possible to crop in without loss in quality.

I m looking for a solution to crop in and simustanaly track a object. So the object is always in the middle of the crop.
There is this motion track feature. But its only possible to put some overlays next to the tracked object.

Kind regards,
Dominik
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Firstly, you can produce to any resolution you want by making a custom profile. See here for an example.

Secondly, if you do simply want to only keep a portion of your screen, you should look at the Crop/Zoom/Pan tool and find the correct zoom/crop size. There is no automatic tracking capability, but it's very easy to use keyframes to mark the starting and ending point of each position change and allow the tool to automatically calculate all the intermediate positions as mentioned here.