Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Images thumbnails go wrong
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
We working with a large amount of still images (1000 or more) in 10 to 12 projects, after a number of projects and NEWing each time between projects, the thumbnails in the media room get to go wrong.
I see thumbnails from other rooms at the place where my still images should be. Even when I move images from the room into the timeline, the thumbnails go wrong and are transfered into the time wrongly. I have deleted the thumbnails in the cash folder as was suggested in the forum before.
I have this problem since version 12 I think, and I am doing projects like this every year a number of times.
The way rooms are handled with potential downloads includeddoes not make the problem simpler I would recon.
I would suggest that by now the PD cashing would be corrected. Please do this. Cleaning the cash and restarting PD is not always productive.

I have (again) forwarded the above as a suggestion to CL.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I have had a reaction from CL customer support. They advised me to uninstall CAM and all data beloning. And then restore CAM and install PD again. They even advised me to delete a number of folders that contain cashed material.
I have done all that and that did not help solving my problem: getting weird thumbnails from other rooms into my project media and on the timeline.
Today I had about 750 images in 4 projects that were loaded into the timeline, Project saved and after the 4th project the thumbnails from the various rooms did appear again. Also PD crashed when it was closed down. I have reported this again to CL.
Together with the slow representation of the thumbnails when moving form one room to the other, I think CL can best have a good look at the handling of the media again.
Needless to say that I have a PC that easily complies with the minimum specs, with the fastest SSD drives and 32Gb memory, all the drivers are up to date.
I wonder what your experiences are.....?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I find that PD365 is not exactly stable. Read the recent post about motion trails and find that enabling motion blur with title designer causes a crash in title designer when played. Already have a few tickets open. Not sure starting a new ticket is going to help. I am sure that they may have their hands full.