Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with green screen and motion
DoubleD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2020 17:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I know how to use the chroma key. The problem I'm having is when I remove the green screen on a video and that part of the video moves. Basically, The video I'm using is a book opening. When it flips a few pages, a green screen appears, but the book itself (not just the page flipping) is moving at an angle. This causes a problem because the image I'm using to fill in the part where the green screen was does not move. It's a still image. So as the book moves, the black background shows and the image is in one position while the book (video) is moving in another.

I've tried using motion tracker an using key frames to reposition the image as the book in the video moves, but it looks jerky. Is there an easy way to make this look smooth?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You'll probably want to use keyframes to adjust the rotation and maybe even the shape distortion (blue control boxes) of the static image(s) to match the book's shifting angle and position.

Experimenting with the Ease-in and Ease-out keyframe controls may help match the changes in the book, and if you're lucky, simply setting the starting and end keyframes might align everything nicely.