Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can't find the 'import subfolders' button
RichardJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2020 06:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All. I'm new to PhotoDirector, just trying the evaluation version. I can import a folder OK but I want to import subfolders as well. The tutorial say make suree the 'Import subfolders' button is pressed - but I can't find it.
Is it available in my trial version? Is so, where?
Thanks in advance.
[Post New]
Hello RichardJ,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum "laughing"

I'm not familiar with the trial version interface, but I'd expect this feature to be the same as the paid version.

After you select Import > Folder, then navigate to the parent folder containing your sub-folders, PhD should provide this option in the Photo Import window.

""

If you have it checked, then import the parent folder, you'll see the subfolders displayed in the Library.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
RichardJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PIX, thanks. Your screenshot seems to show a different dialogue box for selecting the folder. The attached screenshot shows what I get - it's the standard Windows 10 box.
[Thumb - 220618 screenshot PhD.jpg]
 Filename
220618 screenshot PhD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
231 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
RichardJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found it!

I hadn't realised I had to select the folder first, which takes me to a 'Select phots' screen,

Thanks for the help.
[Post New]
Hello again Richard,

I'm glad you were able to locate the "Include Subfolders" option.

It makes this screen capture a little superfluous, but I'll post it here in case it's of use to other members.

PIX PIX YouTube channel