Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 11 minimize of restore down
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder whether you have the same issue and may have a solution?
I am using Windows 11, and one of the new features is that when hoovering over the application minimize button in the right-hand top corner one can select the partition in which the application should continue to run on the screen.
PowerDirector apparently does not (yet) commit to the new feature and when hovering over it the tip is displayed: Restore down. I notice that whatever size and position I have made the application, the restore down gets PD in that very position again.

Now, I am fine with that. But since I have used that once to get PD and another screen open side by side to copy something, PD sometimes, at random, opens in the at that moment selected partition of the screen. Not always, sometimes. Even after I have restated the full screen/ maximize and closed down the application.
I will make CL aware of this random behavior.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't ever thought to use that feature, and in my brief testing the behavior appears to be specific to each app.

For example, the MS Office components all seem to have stable behavior, but the menu only flickers and can't be selected in MS Edge, NewBlue Titler Pro 7 or any of the Topaz photo & video enhancement apps. Other apps don't show the menu at all, including the CAM, all DirectorSuite apps and older versions of PD.

I don't know what role the OS build plays, but I'm running Insider build 22H2 22621.1160 from last month.

The issue may also be due to the previously discussed problem of PD not remembering its last state upon closing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2022 18:16

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks.
I am working with version 22000.739. And update over the last few days. The situation above was in a version earlier than that. But as you say this is likely not Windows but to what extend an app is using the standards and is adhering to those.
I am fine with the behavior PD currently has, but I don't like the randomness at launch time.

Ticket ID: CS002515537